Move the Syndicate Jail to the Syndicate Research Outpost.

TheYeetster

Tagging @Kyet because he made the Syndicate Research Outpost, and was wondering what his vision for the Syndicate Research Outpost is.

What:

Maybe its just because the SRO is new, but currently the SRO seems to have little interaction with other people in the SRO. Often ghosts spawn in,  either practice making death chems, help traitors on the console or get into a massive Donk Soft guns battle (which is all well and good), but it would be interesting if there was some more low impact RP. That is why I think it would be a cool addition to move the syndicate jail into the Syndicate Research Outpost. 

Why?

When Syndicate contractors abduct people, the abductees just sit in a cell. It would be more enjoyable/interesting if there was some interaction that abductees could have rather than solitary confinement, and this would also be interesting for the researchers. The syndicate research base is the perfect opportunity for some low impact RP. 

I think it would be cool if the researchers had some way to torture abductees for information, using chemicals, botany plants or viruses. I'm slightly worried about people being killed or irreparably mutilated. Maybe the Syndicate Researches could be given some incentive not break prisoners too badly. (need ideas here)

How?

RP wise it would look like this:

Syndicate researches are, along with their other research, researching new interrogation tactics / torture techniques. S.R.O. Scientists have torture implants / tracker implants, that at the request of request of syndicate contractors could be implanted. Syndicate Researchers would also get to interrogate and torture abducted crew for information, take blood samples, experiment on the abductees for a few minutes. Then return them when CC pays the ransom.

Ahhh too much!

If this is too much for the SRO, It could be toned down to just an interrogation cell with no torture, but it might loose that research aspect. If this is case it might be interesting to add a syndicate warden, who would watch and interrogate prisoners. The warden would also oversee the syndicate armory.

• Thanks 1

I think this is cool, but just not feasible. The established purpose of the SRO is to allow players to play around with certain game mechanics in an environment that doesn't punish failure harshly(and for the most part w/o consequence). Implementing this change would give people more reason to invade this space ruin(which is supposed to be secret) and otherwise ruin the initial purpose of it.

There wouldn't be a great deal of measurable RP value out of this anyway. People who are contract kidnapped are in jail for a small amount of time, and players who would take up these mob spawner slots just to participate in watching/interrogating the prisoners would likely find that people don't get kidnapped often enough for this to be fun and would likely cryo/kill themselves. This just takes up slots for people who wants to learn toxins/tegs/botany/etc.

Edited by Sirryan2002
not a random spawn ruin
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, TheYeetster said:

Tagging @Kyet because he made the Syndicate Research Outpost, and was wondering what his vision for the Syndicate Research Outpost is.

What:

Maybe its just because the SRO is new, but currently the SRO seems to have little interaction with other people in the SRO. Often ghosts spawn in,  either practice making death chems, help traitors on the console or get into a massive Donk Soft guns battle (which is all well and good), but it would be interesting if there was some more low impact RP. That is why I think it would be a cool addition to move the syndicate jail into the Syndicate Research Outpost. 

Why?

When Syndicate contractors abduct people, the abductees just sit in a cell. It would be more enjoyable/interesting if there was some interaction that abductees could have rather than solitary confinement, and this would also be interesting for the researchers. The syndicate research base is the perfect opportunity for some low impact RP. 

I think it would be cool if the researchers had some way to torture abductees for information, using chemicals, botany plants or viruses. I'm slightly worried about people being killed or irreparably mutilated. Maybe the Syndicate Researches could be given some incentive not break prisoners too badly. (need ideas here)

How?

RP wise it would look like this:

Syndicate researches are, along with their other research, researching new interrogation tactics / torture techniques. S.R.O. Scientists have torture implants / tracker implants, that at the request of request of syndicate contractors could be implanted. Syndicate Researchers would also get to interrogate and torture abducted crew for information, take blood samples, experiment on the abductees for a few minutes. Then return them when CC pays the ransom.

Ahhh too much!

If this is too much for the SRO, It could be toned down to just an interrogation cell with no torture, but it might loose that research aspect. If this is case it might be interesting to add a syndicate warden, who would watch and interrogate prisoners. The warden would also oversee the syndicate armory.

The vision I outlined on the PR.
Basically it lets newbies practice mechanics in peace, without having any significant impact on the round.
Also, the official name for it is Syndicate Space Base (SSB).  While I did make that up... its also what I called it in the code, so if you invent another name for it it'll get confusing.

There are many issues with moving syndi jail there:

1. Someone with a tracking implant could be abducted, allowing a whole army of sec to use the teleporter to teleport to their location and invade the base.
  2. Prisoners could be killed, maimed, etc, which was not intended by @Mochito happen when syndi contractors were added.
  3. If the base was destroyed, there'd be nothing stopping 'captured' prisoners from escaping instantly. Even worse if the base is spaced.... captured prisoners would be returned dead.

If we went this road (and I'm skeptical of it, frankly) then we'd have to only allow researchers to TALK to the prisoners.... and relay whatever info they give to other traitors over comms in exchange for a reduced 'abduction' timer.

• Like 2

I see the problems now. Thank you, I was confused calling it the SRO, infact I mean the SSB. This idea does go against the OOC purpose and IC reasoning for the base being there. Also after finding the Syndicate Scientist wiki entry, I think it does make it more special having it secret and occasionally capturing someone rather than regularly interacting with crew.

Quick question, when tracker implanted crew go to the syndicate jail what prevents them being teleported to? I would assume its something to do with Z1?

Thanks for listening. *flip

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TheYeetster said:

Quick question, when tracker implanted crew go to the syndicate jail what prevents them being teleported to? I would assume its something to do with Z1?

honestly that's a good questions, imma go look into that soon

3 hours ago, TheYeetster said:

Some game areas and Z levels are designated as no-teleport zones. They cant be targeted by teleports available to crew.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use