Make implants woth using

Wikimody

There is realy usful implants, for example welding shield implant that alow you to weld without eyes damage and protect from flashing. Seems like ideal thing for engienier since he welds thinks all the time and you cant wear mesons scaner and hardsuit and still hawe eyes protection (at least i thing you cant) but im not seing much people usig implants. There is realy good reson bechand it. Whole procidiur of going to RnD and asking for implant is quit short, lets say 5 minut for sake of nice numbers (since there is often 3 people waiting for somfing and going from one part of station to other take some time). But after that you hawe to: go to medbay, pray there is veteran medic (since new medic wont risk doing implants often), pray veteran medic isnt ocupy with broken bones or IB, pray veteran medic is nice and agree to spend his time on surgery, and after all this you hawe nice 5 to 10 minuts waiting for surgery to be ower. whole procedure migt take somfing like 20 minuts from 2h 20min of shift. This taces a lot of time you coudl spend making space boxing ring or ideal granade to detonate in escape shutle. Because of that only implants i se use are surgery tulset since medical crew can skip a lot of procedure since departments work togeder much beter that they work with other departmants. 

Now after long story why i think time take in geting implant is problem here is my sugestion:

There is item used only by nuke ops or bought from sole trayder that skip this potencjali 20 minut proces of geting implanted ..... autoimplanter. My idea is to add auto implanter as one of hi-tech items for RnD. if it need to be it can be nerf for example whole proces take a minut of standing still but it wodl still greatly reduse time needed for implantation. Abaut tech lewel needed to produse one im thinking of somfing like wormhole generator 3 level 6 and one level 4. You can also add blocade for combat implants like rebuter that can be oweriten by EMAG but that is youst my idea for balancing.

Sory for my english.

I'm not a fan of this idea. The entire reason nukies have the autoimplanter is because they don't have a medbay. Plus they don't have the time to actually go to it and get the implant even if they did. The reason things are the way they are is so medbay has things to do other than just cloning and saving lives. And the reason sol traders have them is because they're kind of supposed to have some overpowered stuff just so they have a reason to sell it.

I'm not a fan of buffing implants(or R&D as it stands). This would just allow antags to more easily get flash protection anyway without needing to wear a welding shield/steal sunglass or sechuds. Some implants like surgery/engi tools are beneficial and worth it to go spend 10 minutes waiting in the medbay for(this is really not a long time). I appreciate your suggestions as I've read a few, however, I think your suggested changes focus too much on the utility of item and features and don't give enough merit to how this affects balance in other facets of our server.

I'd just like to point out that Engineers can have the hardsuit, eye protection, and mesons because the Engineering Hardsuit helmet provides welding protection...

And otherwise, aren't implants already crazy strong? I know I tend to feel like a damn superhero after like four of them.

Implants are already worth using. I'm genuinely not sure what you mean by making implants worth using? Implants absolutely need no buffs, nor do RND.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use