Litle change in Botany

Wikimody

Im often botanist and i realy like how much stuf you can do if you know the system. From trait generation to in plant chem making you can make evryfing from powerful granade to healing plant beter that most things chemistry can make on mass scale with growing bluspace crystals somwer in a midle. 

Whot i want to ask is to add to blood tomato 15% generation of iron. It is theme fiting since iron replenish blod and generation of metal is nofing new (stealcaps, glow-berys with uranium). It would alow to make beter healing plant since there are no blood replenishing chems in plants (at least i dont know any), give more posibilites of in plant chemistri since so far no plant produse iron and it would make growing blood tomato finaly usful since there is no to much ways you can use 20% blood generation since as far as im aware eating blood dosnt replenish your blood suply.

It would be wery minor change in code.

Sory for my english it, isnt my natiwe language.

Edited by Wikimody

I'm honestly not a fan of this change. In my opinion botany is already in major need of nerfs as it is as you've stated already. They can make better healing than Chemistry more reliably and faster, they can make better grenades than scichem faster than scichem, and they have a hard counter for quite a few antags. Giving them a way to make even better healing tools than they already can just feels like we're buffing something that already really doesn't need it.

14 hours ago, Esenno said:

I'm honestly not a fan of this change. In my opinion botany is already in major need of nerfs as it is as you've stated already. They can make better healing than Chemistry more reliably and faster, they can make better grenades than scichem faster than scichem, and they have a hard counter for quite a few antags. Giving them a way to make even better healing tools than they already can just feels like we're buffing something that already really doesn't need it.

I wodnt agre fully. Botany can make more thinks that chemistry and scicheam and potencjali make beter healing that chemistry BUT granads made from plants are weaker and hawe less uses that the one made by shichem (Botany can kill realy well people but only people, not cyborgs or simple mobs and cant destroy walls) and veteran chemicyst can make much beter healing chemical that botany just on smaler scale. Other thing is that botany if it is competend gets it power spike (healing and kiling plants) araund 1-1.30h in game while chemistry and scicheam get it near start of the game. Aditionaly i didnt saw anynyone other that me making realy deadly plants and if you know how ewry departament is powerful. Sec get most wepons and aces to geting more, Sci hawe literaly factory of slims, granads, best wepons from RnD and mechs from robotists, Cargo hawe ability to get medical suply and guns when stole at least one emiter and engienering can literaly make station ending disasters like singularyty and tesla and aces evrywere by hacing. In all this mahem botany isnt that strong.

Sory for my english again

Edited by Wikimody

Obligatory Malvor "maxcap botany" comment, cause im fairly certain my hatred of Botany is almost a character trait at this point.

Yeah Botany REALLY doesnt need anything added to it, if anything they need to get smacked in the head with the nerfbat a few more times so that it isnt breaking the Geneva convention on Chemical Warfare multiple times AND most of the server's combat loop all at the same time.

Botany can quite literally, if played as hardcore as possible, outgun and outfight every other department with little to no counterplay other than nuking them via explosives.

Saline Glucose does a good job of replenishing blood and healing minor burns and bruises.

Salt, Sugar, and Water I believe are all things that can readily be made in Botany, I don't think we need to add iron to Blood Tomatoes... yet.

Maybe when a rebalancing of the Department is undergone it can be slid in there but for now its best to wait until we actually do rebalance it before deciding to add anything.

• Like 1

My only answer is ok i understand fear of EMP tomatos but whot deparment isnt op if you know whot you are doing? Cargo - guns, Sec - guns and armor, Sci - hi tech guns mechs and granads, engieniering can just destroy station at all time and even medbay has virologist that can realy destroy somone day with viruse and combo good toxin + siringe gun is realy hard to beat without hardsuit. Realistycli speking only botani can do the same things as hemistry but is much less flecibel and take much more time to make there things. only thing botany is best at is making much stuf but whot is beter in person runig araund with 100 evryfing healing plants and person runing with 15 evryfing healing pils. From my expierien i rayli used more that 8 healing plants only exeption beaing one time as ash walker hawing evryfing healing gas plant from terarium ship but that was quit ekstream enwiroment (i was runig araund in ash storm).

Edid

I youst thoug abaut other thing botany is beter, stealf. Not evryone understand whot botany can do and it is hard to see if somfing is normal plant or genetycly made granade and whot is even funnier both are perfectly legal (but this is more problem of law, that balance of department).

And you can cheac if somfing is granade by trowing it or scaning it with plant scaner which giwes all neded information.

Edited by Wikimody

Botany is much stronger than all departments. The only contenders are mining and science. In no way should we buff botany until it is majorly nerfed

I think the blood tomato's replenishing blood is cool idea, however part of a good suggestion is it has to take into account balance. I would support this change if and only if there were two features that were removed from botany to implement this. Botany as it stands, is more effective at accomplishing goals that are often the central purpose of entire other departments than the departments are of accomplishing it themselves. Other departments have capabilities to produce weapons, medical stuff, etc like you said, however they are more policed by security, restricted by SOP, and restrained by the limits of their resources than botany is.

In my personal opinion, Botany is not lacking a wider variety of features(ex: blood tomato's restoring blood.) It lacks depth. People can too easily access all of the best and most powerful mechanics of botany by picking it up over 8-10 shifts. At that point a botanist can become more powerful than the entire security department if they so choose to. Adding your suggestion will just exacerbate the issue. Is your suggestion good idea wise? Yes, I think it's cool and there's logical reasoning behind it. Is it good for the server and balance? No.

You clearly have some good ideas, we just need to come up with something that addresses the issues of the department before we decide to give it more weapons in its arsenal. Thanks for your suggestion and your willingness to defend it :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use