Redacted

Boxy

While I see your logic, I think it should be a decision at the discretion of the HoS, as opposed to an SoP thing.

Undercover officers should carry some form of ID though, be it a holobadge, properly idenfitied sec ID in the PDA, or something else.

It's not a loophole. There's nothing about uniform in SOP for any department outside of medbay wearing a mask and gloves for surgery.

• Like 1

As long as he followed current Security SoP and can be identified via ID as Security, it could be Oleg in his chicken suit for all I care.

• clown 1
  • fastparrot 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I first started doing undercover officer stuff, I went to the HoP and got a second ID, While this makes you look less out of place, your new ID replaces your old ID in the crew manifest, which I think opens up new officer slots. I think there should be some guidance so this doesn't happen.

Proposal: Undercover Officer SoP/Conditions. 

• The Warden and Head of Security are forbidden from going undercover.
  • You must ask the Head of Security for permission to go undercover, in lieu of a Head of Security or Acting Head of Security, you may ask the Captain. They may deny your request for any reason.  // Idea: maybe make them get a signed paper with a stamp and signature on it.
  • In addition, the person who grants you permission to be an undercover officer can place additional restrictions upon you. Ex: "Do not arrest people, only set their status" or "If code red is called you are to stop being a undercover officer." Failure to comply is means for demotion or revoked rights to be an undercover officer.
  • Undercover officers are not to get a new ID, you may only hide your current ID. //Problems with opening more security slots.
  • Undercover officers may get an ID change to "Undercover Officer" or similar. Changes to titles that do not reference their security status are forbidden.
  • If you arrest someone you must first present your ID, even on red. Unless it is an active threat and you are currently being attacked. //Allows traitors with agent ID's to do fake arrests.
  • If an officer stops you, you must present your ID. //Allows antagonists with sec ID's to identify undercover officers + Most undercover officers don't have a sec-hud on and cant see mindshields.

Tips on how to go undercover:

• PDA Message the HoS and tell them that you want to go undercover/explain why.
  • If they say yes, go to locker rooms and get a civilian bag, radio headset, jumpsuit and shoes.
  • Get a screw driver from tool storage or cargo, and take the security key from your headset and put it in the regular radio headset,
  • Put all of your security items including the bowmen headset into your bag.
  • Put on your civilian clothes and put your ID into your bag.
  • RP an undercover officer.
  • Once you get in deep, arrest criminals, make sure to put on your ID, sec hud, and bowmen headset when arresting(prevents you from flashes, flashbangs and some protection from pepper spray and acid).
  • Make sure to taunt them with how they've been deceived, and they should have never trusted you.

I think its very hard to RP when as a regular officer, its very busy for me usually, run here get the antag, prisoner escape, vampires on the loose... Not a lot of time to sit down in the bar and have conversations. I've had a lot of fun being undercover and trying to get in the underground drug ring. I think undercover SoP would be a cool addition and prevent a few problems that people might have with it. 

It might be easier to remove undercover officers and prevent some of the confusion, but I think with a few rules it can add to the game.

Edited by TheYeetster
  • Like 1

• Boxy changed the title to Redacted

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use