March Wiki Update

Sirryan2002

Hey everyone!

Over this month, I've been focusing on upgrading some more architectural aspects of the wiki. More maintenance templates/categories have been created in order to better label, identify, and solve issues we have in our articles. I've created the beginnings of a maintenance panel that provides links to important special pages and provides basic statistics and graphs of the statuses on articles. Additionally, there has been significant progress on updating all PNG/GIF files on the wiki from 32x32 px to 64x64 px. Also, the Supermatter PR is evil and is the bane of my existence(because we have to fix so many damn articles, no hard feelings).

What needs to be done on the Wiki:

• The Supermatter page needs context added about the Engine/Shard itself
  • Charlie Station(mob spawner) needs to be written
  • Charlie Station(location) needs to be created
  • Assemblies needs to be created
  • EMP Effects needs to be finished
  • Voice of God page needs to be formatted and cleaned up
  • Guide to Medical needs to take into account new radiation changes due to the Supermatter PR
  • Implants needs to be checked over for inaccuracies
  • TEG could needs to be looked over and revised by someone experienced with that engine
  • Guide to Engineering needs to be updated to take into Supermatter PR
  • Custom Job Table at the bottom of Clown needs to be brought up to date
  • Explorer needs stylistic changes to be made
  • Guide to Mining needs a bit of a rewrite
  • Singularity and Tesla Engine pages need to be updated bc of Supermatter PR
  • beg the headmins to give me the power to delete stuff: the sequel

March Change Log:

We're slowly approaching the point of fully updating every page, what is listed under the changes that need to be made to the wiki, is to my knowledge, everything that is left to update as of this thread being posted. I want to begin to take on some larger picture issues. I've been reading up on how Wikipedia and BayStation Wiki keep up high standards and I think I have some ideas we can implement. I'm looking at recreating the Manual of Style of our wiki, establishing a few standards for how we handle grading articles/determine what needs revision, and establishing the framework/tools our contributors will need to get our wiki from good to great!(will be a separate post at some point).

If you want to get involved with editing the wiki and don't know how, @ me on the discord and I'll sit down and teach you stuff when I get the chance. I hope to continue doing this every 1-2 months. I have a really good guide for learning how to wiki here

As always, thanks for the hard work everyone!

Edited by Sirryan2002
crossing off finished item
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Chapitito said:

On the note of the assemblies page, this is already somewhat described in the guide to chemical research. Clearly it's still quite rough, but at least it's something can be used to some extent.

How have I never seen that page before. Also, thank you, this is a huge help.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use