Make unwanted kissing battery

Charliminator

Make unwanted kissing battery under space law

Why?
Its REALLY annoying, and I DESPISE it as a feature. This way, as sec, I can now  baton weirdos in the halls who randomly kiss me. It makes no sense in an space station environment for random people in the halls to spam blowing kisses at everyone.

• Like 2
  • clown 3
  • Salt 1

1 hour ago, Meow19 said:

Just play slimeperson, nobody wants to kiss them or send them any kisses even.

Unfortunately it's quite the opposite. Yes, I see you fuckers in maintenance. I don't want to, but I do.

As a feature... eh. Not the biggest fan, but at least we could make it battery.

• clown 2
  • honk 1

Kissing is such a bizarre feature. Didn't pay much thought to the PR thinking it be fairly harmless. 

Now that I have seen it first hand in-game, I hate it. The memers will have a laugh with it I'm sure but the kissing effects are having bizarre interactions with the code on lots of things I'm just surprised it isn't being gutted for all the extra 'kinks in the system' it's causing.

Not sure about non-consented kissing being battery - purely from the amount of workload it would create for security (if they even bother with frivolous illegal smooching) but I despise the kissing mechanic enough that I think battery should be upgraded to execution!

• Like 1

I'd happily go a step further and make it instant grounds for dismissal as well, as is exactly the same in every single job I've ever been in. 

• Like 2

Kissing can be actually deadly..... To RDs wearing the Reactive Armor, cause for some god forsaken reason, blown kisses activate the teleport effect.

• honk 1

I don't really think we need something else minor for security to be able to arrest you for, genuinely.

The meme factor will die down eventually.

8 hours ago, Mitchs98 said:

I don't really think we need something else minor for security to be able to arrest you for, genuinely.

The meme factor will die down eventually.

I mean... don't abuse the feature if you don't want to get smacked. It's simple.

5 hours ago, Spacemanspark said:

I mean... don't abuse the feature if you don't want to get smacked. It's simple.

We both know full well most security will arrest you, 'abusing' the feature or not, if the thought to do so crosses their mind and they see you do it to them or someone else.

Simply saying 'don't abuse the feature' is only half relevant here.

I mean, if it's consensual then the officer can get bapped for it ICly.

Some people may abuse it, perhaps, but probably not as bad as the people abusing the kiss system.

On 3/17/2021 at 2:15 PM, Spacemanspark said:

I mean, if it's consensual then the officer can get bapped for it ICly

Ideally yes. But how often do you see officers that should be getting reprimanded get reprimanded? Far less than they should be.

I'm just iffy on adding MORE things to Space Law that officers can easily abuse to be shitters, not inherently disagreeing it would be a decent change. For me the cons outweigh the pros heavily.

And besides that...it's just a joke emote. Nothing more to it, really.

3 minutes ago, Spacemanspark said:

do we really need more blatant meme abuse than we already have.

Then that is an issue with the feature, not Space Law. Definitely not something to add to Space Law that warrants more abuse from security.

Now, personally, I'm neither in favor nor against the feature. But others are so it could stand to reason the feature could be changed. Perhaps a cooldown to the emote at the very least.

I mean, even if you take it from the standpoint of what makes sense ICly--uh, yeah, I'd at least charge battery if someone walked up to me and kissed me because ???

I think you're overexaggerating. If you don't want to have problems, don't use it in open spaces on random people. It's not that hard.

15 minutes ago, Spacemanspark said:

I mean, even if you take it from the standpoint of what makes sense ICly--uh, yeah, I'd at least charge battery if someone walked up to me and kissed me because ???

I think you're overexaggerating. If you don't want to have problems, don't use it in open spaces on random people. It's not that hard.

It's a blow kiss. Not actually going up to the person and physically kissing them, far as I'm aware? I've not seen a physical kiss emote at the very least.

Well people can use the kiss-hand in melee range to "physical kiss" though I don't think the chat says anything of the like.

Realistically I don't think unwanted kissing should be battery, but I am definitely in the "this feature is annoying and is being spammed too much" boat, so I wouldn't be against some form of IC (or OOC) deterrent. I'd argue having some sort of law against harassment (which could include threats of violence as well as unwanted affection) could be a good idea.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sikroth said:

(which could include threats of violence as well

Please, no. I know for a fact security WOULD abuse this. They already try to and its not even a law.

• Like 1

Unwanted sexual advances and threats of violence seem a pretty good thing to crack down on. Any workplace in reality wouldn't allow that. A security officer roleplaying as a security officer in a workplace and cracking down on threats of violence isn't "abuse", it's them properly role playing - even if space law doesn't specifically list threat, it's common sense that security would involve themselves in it.

Someone going around blowing kisses and threatening violence isn't the kind of roleplay I'd like to see here. The kiss blowing is cringey, and the violent threats are just insanity.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, necaladun said:

The kiss blowing is cringey

You have not a romantic bone in your body and I oppose this sentiment sir!

• Like 1
  • honk 1

Is strange that there are no laws against harassment yet, I have always tried to make as much as I can to solve harassment situations while still following space law but I am unable to detain them for that specific thing.

Would love to be able to stop harassment and that kind of stuff, also the kiss blowing is undoubtedly abusive and something that would get your ass fired in a workplace if done without proper context.

• Like 1

The fact that a niche feature with no impact on balance can generate this much discussion is already a problem. If some people feel uncomfortable with it and find it a problem, then it should just be removed. This mechanic isn't worth making the game actively worse for others, even if they are a minority. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Peak said:

remove the projectile and it'll barely be used anymore, people are just using it as a laser tag surrogate

TBH this seems the simplest and quickest solution.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use