Genetics and radiation suits

Frank

Hi there. Frank Scorpio here, your favorite madcunt geneticist.

I've done some testing to see how the radiation works during genetics. Radiation has had a rather big rework, and when you play with your own DNA you tend to get irradiated. Unlike before, the DNA modifier is no longer radiation shielded. Before when your test subject was irradiated due to the radiation mutation, the machine would shield it and you wouldn't need to wear a radiation suit except for when you did the unstable mutagen method. This is no longer the case. If the test subject is irradiated, you will recieve radiation from it unless you wear a suit, or you will recieve lots of radiation.

Let's say you have two geneticists doing work in there, and they both know how radiation works now. Medbay has two radiation suits, and in fear of going bald they grab both of them. 2-2 = 0. Medbay now has zero radiation suits. If the SM delams, doctors should be able to pick up a suit and get to work without fear of getting irradiated themselves. My suggestion is simple. Give genetics a couple radiation suits and the problem is solved.

Your thoughts?

I personally don't like this idea - I think genetics should be barred from Medbay storage and be given 1 rad suit in their lab (so they have to manage that resource well), or none at all - That'd increase the interaction between genetics and chemists by making them ask for Iodine, or maybe stock some Iodine near genetics. Usually you want to keep monkey radiation to minimum, so you'd want to jab your monkey with rad-meds every now and then.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use