Against a denied ban appeal

1jovemtr00

Admin(s) Key: @Abydos
Your ckey (Byond username):1jovemtr00
Your Discord name (if applicable):1jovemtr00

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): December 13, 2021

Nature of complaint: Misconduct, abuse of power

Brief description : Justification with phrases out of context and order, threatning behaviour via DMs , posting on forums that I lied and closing the thread before I could reply.

Full description of events: Today I opened a complaint against an admin and an appeal against a ban. This is the first time that this ever happened to me and Im not afraid to admit that I have little knowledge on how to proceed. 

This is the thread I opened to complain against the admin: 

This is the thread I opened against the ban : 

But Im gonna say again what happened : I was playing a round as IAA. One player, playing as security pilot pod, arrested the killer of the dog Ian at the laundry room. He ruled it as batering, resisting arrest and Damage to the station assets. I asked why not adding the major tresspass or at least tresspass since the dog could had been retrieved from the brig. Pilot said it wasn't and Im immediatly backed up by the AI and Magistrate that stated the opposite. The murderer did tresspass and to the brig and then went to HOP office to retrieve the dog. He questions the AI credibility without any basis and AI said there were 4 witnesses that saw it. I fax a complain and move on. The HOS announces that he is cryoing. A new warden joins in, captain asks if he wants a promotion to HOS. Was refused and instantly the pilot asks if he could be appointed and was granted the promotion. I question the captain's decision remembering his poor ruling slipping a major tresspass ruling before. He still gets it and yes, I DO ASK THEN IF THAT WAS A FRIENDLY PROTECTION GAME AND ALREADY STATES IF IT IS I WOULD GET OUT.  I have no answer, then I open a ticket with the admin. The admin says Im overreacting, I state I was the IAA and was doing my job and then he mentios a reddit post I made and making a strange link to what happened to me metagrudging the player. The tone of the conversation at first was ok, but the line grew by the admin when he accused me of metagrudging and afterwards saying words like "what the fuck". And yes, AFTER THAT I SAID TO HIM IT WAS BULLSHIT THE METAGRUDING AND THE OVERREACTION. I was gonna head to cryo but then I get the message that Im banned as pointed above.  I created the admin complain thread and the ban appeal thread afterwards, on this specific order.

The admin @Abydos  looked into both cases and was making his point by taking phares out of order and context out of my prints and my reddit post.  He stated that I lied about people IC saying that I would leave and not do it, which is not true. as the prints shows, I only stated to the ADMIN that I would leave after the discussion with him.  He points I metagrudged as well based on what I said TO THE CAPTAIN being friends with the pilot, however I question the CAPTAIN'S decision not the pilot volunteering as he himself points from the phrase out of context, then he points during the conversation I said to the admin the word "bullshit" after he told me to calm down, which was not the case. I replied on that manner after the agressive tone displayed as the prints shows , and lastly, he mentions the mentor has shown them information as well from others players regarding my actions which remains unnamed and without basis.

This is the ban appeal thread  : 

And this is the reddit link: 

I dmed the admin and stated that I hold absolute no grudges with the player, on the contrary! I stated on the reddit post and EVEN THANKED him for his actions IC! The player was the MAGISTRATE as I STATED NUMEROUS times on that round and even though not fully agreeing with me on that case, he still played the Magistrate role and backed up my case against the HOS! I stated this to the admin Abyros and Im gonna say it again : Why would I EVER be angered at a guy that did his RP and IC role with perfection, despite his opinions? It is there right at the beginning of the post! 

But not only again I was disregarded by the admin Abyros via PM but treatned to have my ban increased! So without a chance to post somewhere to ask how to proceed and unable to send another message to someone today here at the forums, I PMed admins at discord and asked around how to proceed and it seems this is the only way.

Im gonna ask here if Im allowed to send the prints of the discussion via PM. Also, if needed, I can send again the prints I posted at the threads.  I really think it is not fair to be judged by messages and prints being taken out of order and context and called a liar when that was not case! I have not called anyone a liar so far on this server both IC or at the forums or discord!

I really enjoy my time here! The Paradise Station is the only one that has a system that could potentially work in game and a lot of good players that are nice to play with, and that yes, includes Matt! And yes, Im upset because of the ban, I really have a good time here! Again, I have no reason to hold grudges against a guy that "helped me" before ( he did what he had to do as magistrate!)! And again, I have played a lot of rounds with Matt on command and he is indeed very good.  Not ever I had the intention or even got close to my mind to hold a grudge on him or anyone really.  So  this complain is more of an appeal to review the case and let me know if you need my prints posted again here and if I should and could post the DMs prints as well!

Thanks in advance and if Matt ever had the feeling I was harassing him or had a grudge, Im sorry and truthfully wasn't my intention! I know how it is to be harassed I experienced it at the discord server once and it is not nice! Cheers!

• Thanks 1
  • honk 1
  • Salt 2
  • fastparrot 1

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the extreme delay here. I was recently told this complaint was here, and I said since I'd posted on it to move it to resolved. It appears that I never sent the post and am an idiot. I did however make clarifications I related to the AI's testimony as an update to SoP because of this:

DJzerPB.png

The AI's testimony should have been taken into account, however it is a very minor thing. Humans make mistakes, and the consequences of this one are incredibly minor. Adding a few more minutes to someones brig sentence isn't putting anyone in danger. 

You making a huge deal over it, and your comments OOC to the player, lead the admins (and myself) to believe that you are taking things personally. Especially:

mPNBYdN.png

This comment, where you're saying the whole mentor role has to end, I can't see how one would interpret as anything else except a personal attack. You very much have misinterpreted the whole situation. Mentors aren't protected by the admins at all, they're in fact held to higher standards because they can't claim they don't know the rules. There was not some big admin conspiracy here to get him promoted to HoS. Whether he was a mentor or not, no one would have thought a brig sentence being 10 minutes lower is a big deal.

Your appeal was denied quite fairly, as it seems at the time you haven't really realised the problem here. I'd advise another one where we can be assured you will be calmer and more civil when such issues happen, and won't have OOC attacks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use