Give SM engine access to atmos techs

Viz

Title says it all, but I will elaborate. The SM is in most respects an atmos-based construction. Engineers still have solars and building projects, meanwhile atmos techs are not really needed besides adjusting two pumps on round start and maybe refilling/scrubbing out a room once in a few rounds, which engineers tend to do for them anyway. Engineers sometimes have to fix cut wires, meanwhile atmos rarely has to fix unwrenched pipes since unwrenching them tends to violate server rules and doesn't benefit anyone anyway as atmos takes too long to go bad in the two hours a typical round lasts. TEGs and such are largely superfluous experiments and can get boring. Allowing Atmosians to have involvement in supermatter matters would make them matter a little more, and it would be more fun, which is all that matters. Besides, they have more expertise running the thing than engineers anyway, which might help reduce the number of delams.

I am aware that the change is recent and I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this, and I would not be surprised if you told me that it is already a plan that I have just somehow missed. But regardless, I want to have this written down just in case.

Edited by Woje
kinda forgot one of the points I was gonna make, the one about wires
  • Like 5

I second this, giving the ones who are on station to "fix gas things" access to an engine that primarily works on moving gas around, makes sense. 

I'm a bit unsure why they don't have access to it. It literally has their names written all over it. It is the most atmos based engine anyone could make. 

• Like 1

I will also add that in almost all games this far I have seen, Atmos was given access by hacking in and being allowed, CE locking the doors, the access being changed, basicly they get access anyhow. As such they should just have it, as they basicly get it already.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use