henri215's Tier Guide for HoP

henri215

F Tier: The Security HoP

• Doesn't know what's he supposed to do, after much effort manages to give himself All Access.
  • Sees an energy pistol and armor inside his locker, figures out what is his life's purpose.
  • Gets job banned when he goes after someone for simply banging in his window looking for a job change.
  • Sometimes he thinks Ian is a target practice for his cowboy accuracy with energy pistol.

E Tier: The Free Slot Giveaway HoP

• After being unbanned from F tier behaviour figures out what's HoP purpose on the station, learning how to swipe card's on his identification computer.
  • They will give anything his line requests, access? No problem. AA for clown? Of course!
  • They don't know how to verify free slot's, will transfer crew without asking for Head of Department's permission.
  • They don't know it's against SOP to hire karma jobs without it being authorized.
  • Gets demoted by the captain after a scientist he hired without RD permission explodes departures.
  • They think that Ian true home is disposals.

D Tier: The AA HoP

• He thinks it's his right to keep an AA card for himself since he's able to make one.
  • Keeps an AA ID in the console at all times in order to facilitate his life.
  • Ignores termination and demotion request's, leaving those card's at his table while he's out with his desk window open. 
  • He has no idea that it's his job to command supply and service department's.
  • They think it's fine to increase clown job slot's when the station clown comes asking for it.
  • They will ignore completely his fax, will never notice the excellent IAA report he just received about bad crew in need of demotion.
  • Walk's around with AA ID in his pocket thinking he's allowed to enter any department he wishes.
  • They give Ian AA ID card when he comes asking for it with his cute dog face.

C Tier: The Swipe Man! / Paperwork Lunatic HoP

• The Paperwork Lunatic HoP doesn't know the good amount of paperwork, will request both signature AND stamp for everything.
  • They won't recognize fake signatures, free job's for antags.
  • They demand paperwork for petty thing's, as an example: Crew requesting custom job title to ''hobo''.
  • The Paperwork Lunatic has killed many baldies by SSD in his line, one minute of silence for them.
  • The Swipe Man is almost the same as the bridge captain, stays at his chair the entire shift, will do the minimum required by SOP.
  • Only know's how to swipe IDs, doesn't even give himself the effort to change ID/PDA skins.
  • 30 minutes into the shift, after his line has been dealt with, they will cryo thinking HoP job is boring.
  • They know that it's their job to command supply and service department, but won't put much effort in it, will only verify those department's if requested by someone.
  • Think's service radio channel is urban legend.
  • They will kick out Ian thinking he's a waste of space.

B Tier: The Personnel Manager HoP

• Those HoPs are good manager's, will notice wich department is lacking and will always find the perfect job for you.
  • Will rapidly identify new player's, assigning people to teach them at his new job department.
  • They are good at leading supply and service department's, will stay present at all times in both comms asking if someone is having problem's.
  • B tier paperwork HoPs know's the good amount of paperwork required, they wont be requiring it for things like custom job changes or during emergencies.
  • They won't leave their line for more than five minutes, even if they are almost starving to death.
  • They know how to use the ticket system properly, also know's how to deactivate if it's not being used.
  • They will take care of Lost/Terminated IDs and won't leave them in places to be stolen.
  • Always changes peoples ID/PDAs skins.
  • Ian will be receiving an ID with minimum access and will be cared by the HoP during the entire shift.

A Tier: The Paperwork Cultist

• They only have one God inside their hearts, and it is the Paperwork God, for him he shall work, for him he shall give his entire life.
  • They will set Heads as priority round start before the captain even thinks about doing that.
  • Will always ask the captain how many explorers he wants as his introduction to command channel.
  • Has it's own custom forms for efficient paperwork lines.
  • A tier Paperwork HoP wont be at his chair waiting for someone to fill his form, he will go out of his way to attend multiple people at once!
  • They try to improve supply shift by teaching QMs on how to be efficient while preparing for Cargonia Revolution.
  • They will treat service as the same way he would any other department, always trying to help those without anything to do, examples: Making announcements for chapel events/Using your free time to be the barber's only client in the entire shift.
  • They are not abductor's easy prey, will always be aware of his surroundings with his baton next to his hand for easy access.
  • They will not be giving additional access for petty things, favoring guest pass or even going with him to get what he wants.
  • They are loyal to Arstotzka Nanotrasen, will never take bribes for anything!
  • Ian will be loved by them during the entire shift, with new clothes and tours every 20 minutes!
Edited by henri215
  • Like 1

I don't think paperwork makes a HOP A tier worthy. I don't believe just because you copied a format from susie's bakery the wikipedia so that you can file a meal for a single cookie get a job change to department adds much in terms of RP. While paperwork is very cool for contacting central command and interacting with other paperwork jobs like IAA, I find it unnecessary  for a simple job transfer unless it may be security. A simple yes or no from the heads is RP, offering options and even the smallest talking interactions adds more to the RP. Job transferring paperwork is someone sitting in front of their computer gradually typing away the fill in the blank answers and then saying done. I don't believe in job transfer paper work.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jayne Steller said:

I don't think paperwork makes a HOP A tier worthy. I don't believe just because you copied a format from susie's bakery the wikipedia so that you can file a meal for a single cookie get a job change to department adds much in terms of RP. While paperwork is very cool for contacting central command and interacting with other paperwork jobs like IAA, I find it unnecessary  for a simple job transfer unless it may be security. A simple yes or no from the heads is RP, offering options and even the smallest talking interactions adds more to the RP. Job transferring paperwork is someone sitting in front of their computer gradually typing away the fill in the blank answers and then saying done. I don't believe in job transfer paper work.

No, paperwork by itself doesn't make someone a good HoP, but those who makes use of it while doing it in a way that doesn't wastes people time deserves applause. There are A tier HoPs that doesnt make use of it, its just that they can be divided into two kinds.

• Like 1

A tier sounds like the HoP that gets lynched by a mob fast. Insisting on people doing paperwork when its not actually required is a sign of a player thats rather out to grief not be efficient.

The most efficient HoP would PDA the heads for any case of transfers while providing sufficient information on the applicant.

A consensus I've found, and seems to work, is, handle people fast, and then, when they dont have to wait, fill out your own documentation. As long as the transfer is legitimate, i dont think you require signatures of the crewman or the head, if they agreed earlier via radio or PDA.

59 minutes ago, procdrone said:

A tier sounds like the HoP that gets lynched by a mob fast. Insisting on people doing paperwork when its not actually required is a sign of a player thats rather out to grief not be efficient.

The most efficient HoP would PDA the heads for any case of transfers while providing sufficient information on the applicant.

A consensus I've found, and seems to work, is, handle people fast, and then, when they dont have to wait, fill out your own documentation. As long as the transfer is legitimate, i dont think you require signatures of the crewman or the head, if they agreed earlier via radio or PDA.

Forcing people to run around searching for a head of department is a waste of time, i use PDA messages instead of stamps and signatures, it's fast and is proof enough. I don't like using radio for requests because it's too easy to miss and there wont be a record that can be accessed at anytime. And no, that would be C tier HoP being lynched by the mob, one HoP that wants signatures and a perfectly filled form, not accepting it until a proper sign is made (i would say 50% of all crew dont know how to [sign]).

Paperwork is a waste of time, and HOPs should not be forcing anyone to do it.
If a HOP needs another head's approval for a job transfer, it is far faster to get it by radioing or PDAing that head. Takes seconds, where making people do paperwork takes many minutes.

Really, when I see a HOP forcing people to do paperwork, the only conclusion I can draw is that they're a jerk who enjoys wasting other players' time.

This is something I dissagree with. Radio can take longer as many times heads are not often on a or keeping a close eye on it. oddly enough the wait to radio sometimes take longer then paperwork. Also keep in mind that a good paperwork trail can help the captain/legal understand quickly if proper approval was given. Then you still got the other minor stuff paperwork can show about the person if the person want the job then you need to apply for it to see if you they are motivated for it. Kyet there are upsides to it and is not just a waste of times or to just be a asshole.

Ofcourse paperwork should be done within reason and not every job needs it. I also think Cargo/Science needs more paperwork but it is optional.

1 hour ago, robveelben said:

This is something I dissagree with. Radio can take longer as many times heads are not often on a or keeping a close eye on it. oddly enough the wait to radio sometimes take longer then paperwork. Also keep in mind that a good paperwork trail can help the captain/legal understand quickly if proper approval was given. Then you still got the other minor stuff paperwork can show about the person if the person want the job then you need to apply for it to see if you they are motivated for it. Kyet there are upsides to it and is not just a waste of times or to just be a asshole.

Ofcourse paperwork should be done within reason and not every job needs it. I also think Cargo/Science needs more paperwork but it is optional.

All HoPs should use PDA messages, its harder to miss and keeps records as proof. I try to make people message the heads themselves because this way they can explain exactly why they need certain access better than i would.

8 minutes ago, robveelben said:

problem of pda it can be destroyed by pda bom or someone whiping the server it is not solid enough to be honest paperwork allows more copies

I hate when theres PDA bombing, because i wont be able to use message system!!! Everyone turned it off :(. Asking for paperwork with signatures and stamp is cool and good for records, but please dont use it, wastes too much time from the person running after the head trying to find him and from the head who has to stop for a signature.

Edited by henri215

Often times I will send it as a fax to them once the persone has filled it in. I will just say fill the parts you can and give it back to me. Then they can radio me to go ahead and then I will bugger them on the paperwork but it is a lot more efficient for the person.

11 hours ago, robveelben said:

problem of pda it can be destroyed by pda bom or someone whiping the server it is not solid enough to be honest paperwork allows more copies

Has anyone, -ever-, questioned a transfer you made after a head approved it? And needed proof for it?

EDIT: I also forgot, monitoring server exists. So does PDA history on it.

Edited by procdrone

There was a close call with a hop where a head transferd someone to a depertment without approval this claim will cause a demotion if the head is very annoyed which did almost happen since there were barely any records that I could trust untill I had too look into the coms and show that he did in fact approve it cause the hop to be safed.

Also pdas can be fabricated it is never a good idea to fully trust pdas as you are not always sure who is using them.

3 hours ago, procdrone said:

Has anyone, -ever-, questioned a transfer you made after a head approved it? And needed proof for it?

EDIT: I also forgot, monitoring server exists. So does PDA history on it.

It's rare but happens, more often with additional access requests i would say.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:47 AM, robveelben said:

Kyet there are upsides to it and is not just a waste of times or to just be a asshole.

I don't really see any upsides to doing paperwork.
Just ask the department head over PDA: "(name here) wants a transfer to (job here). Yes/No?"
No answer within 30 seconds? Or "no" as an answer? Request denied, tell them to pick another job for transfer, or go bother the department head in person if they really want that job.
Usually the head will PDA back immediately, but even if you have to wait 30 seconds, which is not typical, then you can spend that time dealing with the 2nd person in line, so its not even wasted time.
As HOP, nobody ever challenges the transfers I do... but if they ever did challenge one, then I could simply show them the log of the PDA message where the department head approved it.
There's really no good reason to use paperwork as HOP. Its much slower than just using PDA.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use