Changing the ERT radio key to a key other than $

Keppler

First of all - Coding Difficulty:

As I do not have much experience with coding here, this is hard for me to say, but it would seem logical if it is merely to change a letter a few places, and the most difficult being to get all the places it is, rather than to change it at all.

Scope:

It's generally best to try to keep things as limited as possible. Suggestions to overhaul or introduce huge things are likely to be put into the "too hard" basket. The bigger something is, the more work needs to be done - and not just once. As other things are changed, we have to maintain the rest of the code.

The scope is very limited, just to change the letter to a moe available one on the keyboard, for example ":L" (For a eason, like for M:Mdical, can say like Last Resort or smething, its just a propsoal for a letter, but in the end whatever is fine, as long as its simpler),  just to make it even simpler to reach

Balance:

As it stands, the ERT usually have a threat that already has breached command and Sec, so Sec and/or Sec comms are breached, meaning their own comms are the only safe ones. They also make desicions within, which they may not want all others to know of, or to ask for assistance from only ERT or such, and not want Sec or Command to hear/join. With that, it is also weirdly the hardest letter to use of all the comms, even as ERT may have it very hectic, and have little time to use comms in the first place, as such it makes little sense that they need to press two buttons (at least on my computer) for ERT comms, while all others are just one, and easy to reach.

There is of course the eh, in lack of better terms, noob factor. The little more difficulty in using it makes it not used, or not easily used when new, in addition to a lot of ERT not using it at all because it is a pain.

In short, its barely a buff at all, but shouldnt really be seen as such, more a QOL improvement.

While I do know, a lot of keys are in the muscle memory of the veterans, do consider this for all, and not by you not finding it as a problem, all can use these comms as they are, but this would just make it simpler and faster.

:l is already used, to speak into a handheld radio held in your left hand (just as .r is used for the right-hand radio). Believe me, we spent some time trying to find free letters when assigning the ERT channel a button.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use