Lavaland Xenobiology Event

acehunterkill

Name of Event:Lavaland Xenobiology

One Sentence Description:The creation of a small fully upgraded xenobiology lab in lavaland that allows for people observing to play around with xenobiology and have small interactions with the crew via trading or other means

Map Changes: no

Code Changes: No

Suggested Number of Players:4-6

Full Description of Event:This event is quite simple. it just requires the creation of a xenobiolab in lavaland and a set of slime people scientists that ghosts can be put in control of. The machinery will all be fully upgraded and there will be a supply of monkey cubes for the players. This event will be very reminiscent of other spawners allowing new players to try it out and older players to experiment with ideas. I suggest this laboratory have some supply of kinetic accelerators or other security measure to ensure they are not easily attacked by nearby lavaland fauna. They should also require a fax machine for this event so that they may make requests for extra supplies. It has also been suggested to me by norwest that this can be made into a syndicate spawner using the old lavaland syndicate base with the turbine removed to make room for a new xenobiology area instead with a patrolling sentry around to protect the base. This spawner would be a good little event to allow people to play with xenobiology and be able to interact with others. It could also set the framework for a xenobiology spawner.

Edited by acehunterkill
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did this with xenoarchaeology now and then, hiding artifacts (lesser known items) in walls with an absolute SHIIIIIT ton of gibtonite to be careful about. You'd think it do better with xenobiology--and for ghosts to do this?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 11:22 PM, Elysian_prince said:

I did this with xenoarchaeology now and then, hiding artifacts (lesser known items) in walls with an absolute SHIIIIIT ton of gibtonite to be careful about. You'd think it do better with xenobiology--and for ghosts to do this?

yeah, basically the same way terrariums are used for playing with botany, and the same way golems are used for general experimentation and RND. just a way for people to do xenobiology without threats of power failure or antags interrupting. I see this working in the same way with other lavaland spawners, where the ghost role has the option to interact with the crew via trading or some other manner with the miners who visit them, in this manner they can have fun with the stuff they make and have some fun RP with the crew, so it isn't that boring. just spawning slime people...or just people with mirrors to become what they want.

Ill let you know when I finish making a prototype base as golems or crew, as I am not proficient with setting up private servers. 

my problem with this is xenobio can be very very powerful in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing so.. a miner finds this place, plays xenobio for a while, then boom miner with strong xenobio stuff plus mining stuff

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 5:32 PM, Taac said:

my problem with this is xenobio can be very very powerful in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing so.. a miner finds this place, plays xenobio for a while, then boom miner with strong xenobio stuff plus mining stuff

That is very true. but in that same fashion a miner could do the same with terrariums and golems. maybe even a little more so with the other two. The ability to buy your own RND setup, or to make a bunch of super strong plants from botany is also a problem. however the time intensiveness of it would likely keep people from abusing it. since its unlikely a miner would want to spend most of their round doing basic xenobiology.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use