Xenomorphs?

SweetRelish

I'm new to ss13 and have sunk about 100 hours on paradise station in the last couple of weeks. However, I have yet to see an official Xenomorph round.

My suggestion is that we have more of these rounds because I think they're pretty cool :)

P.S. Are these rounds even in the game???

Currently xeno's aren't in "event rotation" and can only be spawned if an admin chooses to do so, that's because they are pretty unfun to fight against (they instantly win combat if you are not in a mech most of the time) and if you are in a mech they can pretty much do nothing about it but run away is what I remember, so unless somebody makes balance changes to these I don't think we will see them any soon :l

xenos were not a biohazard which made it also a bit more difficult to fight against two mayor problems with xenos one they instantly stun and two they cannot win against mechs. also if you bring a flamethrower to their nest it burns everything in a plasma fire and is the best way to deal with xenos if you are not in mech as xenos just burns to quickly they need a lot of work to be fun again

Paradise's version of Colonial Marine's Xenomorphs are Terror Spiders. It is where all the art, code, and time have gone into.

- They're a joy, and have counterplay, whereas Xeno's have only really had one major change to their code. From round rotation enabled, to disabled.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Meow19 said:

Currently xeno's aren't in "event rotation" and can only be spawned if an admin chooses to do so, that's because they are pretty unfun to fight against (they instantly win combat if you are not in a mech most of the time) and if you are in a mech they can pretty much do nothing about it but run away is what I remember, so unless somebody makes balance changes to these I don't think we will see them any soon :l

10 hours ago, robveelben said:

xenos were not a biohazard which made it also a bit more difficult to fight against two mayor problems with xenos one they instantly stun and two they cannot win against mechs. also if you bring a flamethrower to their nest it burns everything in a plasma fire and is the best way to deal with xenos if you are not in mech as xenos just burns to quickly they need a lot of work to be fun again

4 hours ago, Spacemanspark said:

Xenomorphs are horrifically unbalanced and frustrating to encounter. There's a reason we don't spawn them very often right now. 

Well I look forward to a rework, if there will be any. It's a shame that there is a huge wikipedia page dedicated to something that doesn't even exist in game.

https://www.paradisestation.org/wiki/index.php/Xenomorph

Edited by SweetRelish

17 hours ago, SweetRelish said:

I'm new to ss13 and have sunk about 100 hours on paradise station in the last couple of weeks. However, I have yet to see an official Xenomorph round.

My suggestion is that we have more of these rounds because I think they're pretty cool :)

P.S. Are these rounds even in the game???

Xenos are in the code, but their round type is not in active rotation.

The reason is that they're not well balanced or fun.

If the online admin(s) are prepared to go the extra mile in making the crew suffer, though, they can be a late-round event. They're not in active rotation even for that, but its still possible for admins to force the event.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use