Congratulations and an apology

KennyMazzle

So yesterday I was Kenny Mazzle, grizzled detective out to solve crimes and keep the station lawful and safe. This shift though I encountered something that's never happened to me before - mindswap! I was just about to be murdered by a slime person and their accomplice when they managed to swap minds. Now I was the slime person. Now they were the detective. But I'd been around before, done some other things including a small investigation into a broken camera in virology. Surely it would just be a case of pointing this out, letting security know about the paperwork and what it had in it plus mention previous encounters with other crew that only the detective would know, right?

Wrong!

Security let the person in my detective body go collect the witnesses. They let the person in my detective body go and gather evidence that I mentioned. I had a tape recorder in my backpack running before I went to act on a message I received on my PDA on the off-chance I was murdered so it would record what happened. The 'detective' supplied a tape recorder and said it had not been recording. Was he searched? Nope! Did anyone check the recorder? Probably not! 

Other key points were people I'd spoken to previously - another security officer vouched for me (kinda) by our brief conversation in maints about finding a headset and blood stain. I also spoke to the viro who had a Swedish accent at the time. I mentioned this, for some reason he no longer had an accent when security spoke to him. Did they ask if he had a Swedish accent earlier when he spoke to the detective? Nope! There was also someone who wanted a spare pair of sunglasses to help them build a cool looking HUD. It's all about style, you see. Something I mentioned. But the 'detective' also managed to answer the same thing because he was the one who got the witness. I'll probably never know how he knew those things. 

Then the salt happened. From me. So much salt! Security weren't following protocol as far as I could see, they were letting the accused gather evidence and witnesses that would incriminate them! Why was nobody listening to me?! I was close to being incinerated when the HoS talked the captain down to just putting me in perma where I could sit and stew in all my salt. I whinged and complained to anyone unfortunate enough to be within talking distance to me, the 'detective' came back and basically said they still had to kill me but for what it's worth they were sorry. Seemed like a nice person - antags gotta antag!

Then I got halfway through writing a salty suicide note when sec came and dragged me into a cell adjacent to the now-arrested 'detective'. Then I ripped out my slime core.

So to everyone who was on the receiving end of my salty whinge-stick: I apologise. I stopped having fun and just became a complaining pain in the arse. Moan, moan moan. I'm normally quite chipper!

To the antag who did the singularly best example of identity theft I've ever seen - well played! Hats off to you, I genuinely have no idea how you managed to come by a lot of the information that you had and I'm still very impressed at how well you managed to persuade security that you were still the detective. I know there were cortical borers about so suspect that might have had something to do with it and I have a few theories but otherwise I'm just left amazed and impressed.

Finally my salt has gone and been replaced with some slightly sheepish humility. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use