Death Note

zwan1990

Exclusive tot item to librarian. 

Maybe one use or multiple.

Person whos name you write in there gets an heart attack.

Gives a bit of variety to assassination's. 

Does not work past z levels.

I think heart attacks are easily treated in game.

Thoughts?

I'd rather not have more anime references in game, especially ones that aren't trying to be subtle. 

Outside of that, it seems like an effortless manner to murder someone, which isn't particularly interesting. The z level difference doesn't mean too much, as a majority of the time your target will be on the station. 

I'm against because it doesn't seem at all fun for really anyone. Need to assassinate a few targets? Buy the Death Note, jot their names down, easy peasy. Heart attacks are easily treated if medical personnel know what they're doing and the individual is actually in Medbay, if they're say out in lavaland then they're pretty much screwed. There's also really no risk involved in using this item along with it being a near guaranteed kill as heart attacks are surprisingly lethal and for good reason.

So yeah, agreeing with Spark. This isn't interesting, only serves to be an anime reference, and it needs to bring more to the table than that if you want support for it.

Just to give my two cents I am very much against it because sec will not be able to investigate who could have done in consideration that I am allready very much against changelings I am even more to your suggestion because of the possible mass abuse and near to zero recourse.

Well the idea was that it has one use in terms of abuse and also that it doesn't work from z levels in regards to abuse from lavaland. It being a librarian only item links it to well the librarian. 

In terms of the name it can be changed towards something other than "Death Note" to avoid an anime reference. 

On 1/6/2021 at 2:39 PM, zwan1990 said:

Person whos name you write in there gets an heart attack.

Too OP. Effectively lets you kill anyone on the zlevel at any time. Even if you're on the other side of the station hiding in maint.
With a single kill objective, you can just write their name 60 seconds before the shuttle docks at CC, guaranteeing a greentext in the most boring way possible.
With hijack, nothing stopping you from just copy/pasting the entire crew manifest into it to give the entire crew heart attacks at once.
From an admin point of view, aside from the silly balance implications, I'm also not looking forward to the ahelps that go like this:
Them: "why did I die?"
Us: "what did you do?"
Them: "tried to kill someone with the death note"
Us: "What did you write"
Them: "(theirname) must die! [sign]"
Us: "..."
Them: "oh. can I get a revive?"
Us: 🤦‍♂️

Two alternate ideas instead of instant death via heart attack:

- Writing a person's name in the book basically turns it into a librarian's voodoo doll. Instead of doing stuff to the doll, the librarian writes an action into the book for the effects e.g. "Baldie McGreytide began to feel hot under the collar" = Baldie's temperature rises, "Baldie says give the librarian all access" = librarian gets thrown in jail, "what did baldie see?" = look through victim's eyes. The book could be flammable, providing light burns to it's current target when burnt, and must be cleared with ethanol to set to another target. Could reflavor it to being closer to Inkheart than Deathnote. 

-Barnaby's Menagerie: reading the book, which takes a couple seconds, creates a "random" (read: from a pool of choices that can be changed and balanced by admins) mob or animal that is loyal to the librarian, with a cooldown between uses. They can either summon two simple mobs that respond to simple commands (Guard to stand still and guard area, point at person to focus them, attack to attack others, stop to stop attacking), or create a single mob controlled by a ghost. The mobs in the pool would range from monkeys and cows to panthers and stuff.

Coding wise, I know the second idea could be a bit intensive to create, but I think either option would be more balanced than a direct anime port.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use