Admin Complaint

ChewedPencil

Admin(s) Key: @Spacemanspark
Your ckey (Byond username): penneth
Your Discord name (if applicable): Penneth#6851

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 

Nature of complaint: Clarification Required
Penneth: Banned by SpacemanSpark

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): I feel like I'm being gaslighted with this second ban. What i have had burned into my memory from anxiety seems to be very different than what Spark says what happened.

Full description of events:

So, a bit of backstory here i guess. This is my second synthetics ban and i remember the first ban i argued with Spark about the synthetics laws and how they worked with the order. This was when i was still pretty new with the server, so i learned something new and let the ban play out and finally got unbanned after a few months. I have no qualms with this first ban as it was VERY MUCH required. It was this second ban that really confuses me. As in the ban appeal above, the job ban note makes it seem that I was arguing with him again, when i distinctly remember the first thing i said to him was "I have no excuse" or something similar. it has been quite some time since that ban. I don't like using my Asperger's as an excuse, hence why i accepted the ban outright the second time and didn't argue with Spark.

I feel like I may be going crazy that what i distinctly still remember from a few week of going over the situation over and over from anxiety that now I'm hated. I want to prove that i am capable of learning from my mistakes and that the second ban was just a fluke brought on by myself losing myself in an intense situation. I tried asking for any recommendations of a server i could go to to get a vouch from playing borg there to show that i have truly changed, but all i got from Spark was

As for a vouch... I really don't know. Honestly, I think it's just best if you keep away from these roles while you play on Paradise.

I am starting to feel like maybe that Spark has something against me.

I just feel like, maybe a second pair of eyes would do wonders for me. I also have a complaint about the discord ban I had gotten within a week of me playing the server and maybe a few days after I joined the discord, but that's not really relevant for this complaint.

Hi there,

I've reviewed the logs of this incident and I don't see anything at all like gaslighting here. What you and the admins said is as follows:

[2020-05-26T02:05:38] ADMIN: PM: Spacemanspark/( )->Penneth/(maintenance drone (210)): <font face="Verdana">Hey, why were you interfering with nukies as a maintenance drone near tech storage?</font>

[2020-05-26T02:05:56] ADMIN: PM: Marginalorb/()->Penneth/(maintenance drone (210)): <font face="Verdana">I&#39;ve got several reports that you&#39;ve interfered with a fight between crew and the nukies?</font>

[2020-05-26T02:06:16] ADMIN: PM: Penneth/(maintenance drone (210))->Spacemanspark/( ): I didnt attack anyone, i just kept turning the APC back on

[2020-05-26T02:06:37] ADMIN: PM: Spacemanspark/( )->Penneth/(maintenance drone (210)): <font face="Verdana">And that&#39;s still interfering with other organic beings, which breaches your laws. Why did you do this?</font>

[2020-05-26T02:06:47] ADMIN: PM: Spacemanspark/( )->Penneth/(maintenance drone (210)): <font face="Verdana">Living beings, to clarify</font>

[2020-05-26T02:08:03] ADMIN: PM: Penneth/(maintenance drone (210))->Spacemanspark/( ): I have no excuse, I just thought that turning the APC on was not interferring with anyone. Wont do it again though

[2020-05-26T02:09:00] ADMIN: PM: Spacemanspark/( )->Penneth/(maintenance drone (210)): <font face="Verdana">So, A) if you keep turning it back on despite it being turned back off, what there tells you that you /aren&#39;t/ interfering with other beings, and B) you have a previous ban from myself regarding interferance with nuclear operatives as a maintenance drone. We&#39;ve talked about this and you should know better.</font>

[2020-05-26T02:09:49] ADMIN: PM: Penneth/(maintenance drone (210))->Spacemanspark/( ): fair enough

[2020-05-26T02:10:29] ADMIN: PM: Spacemanspark/( )->Penneth/(maintenance drone (210)): <font face="Verdana">As a result, I&#39;m re-instating the jobban on all synthetic roles, and giving you a weekban. This isn&#39;t ok, and I&#39;m not entirely sure I believe you when you say you didn&#39;t know.</font>

[2020-05-26T02:10:47] ADMIN: PM: Penneth/(maintenance drone (210))->Spacemanspark/( ): again, fair enough

It appears your supposedly distinct memory is incorrect - the first thing you said was "I didnt attack anyone, i just kept turning the APC back on".

The ban note itself is

As a maintenance drone, decided to repeatedly enable an APC that a nuclear operative borg was repeatedly disabling. You have a previous ban regarding interferance with operatives in the past, and when you claim you \'didn\'t think it was interfering with another being\' I don\'t believe you."

I'm not seeing anything here that says you were arguing. It says he doesn't believe you and thinks you're outright lying.

In your appeal you also state:

The first thing i would like to clarify, since the job ban message confused me a bit, is that the part about ' didnt think it was interfering with an organic being' was from the first synthetics ban. I am VERY sure that what i had said to Spark when he bwoinked me this time was something along the lines of 'I have no excuse' and i didn't argue with him at all with the second ban and accepted my punishment as gracefully as i could.

Again - this is not true as the quotes above show. 

I don't see any evidence of gaslighting here. Maybe you misremembered. That you immediately jumped to people outright lying about this because they hate you seems indicative of your bias, not Spark's. That you would assume a staffmember is outright corrupt rather than your only memory being fallible (as the logs show) is pretty worrying too.

I'm personally inclined to agree with Spark here when he says he doesn't believe you.

The logs show you messing with the APC and crowbarring open the door to let the crew in to fight the nukeops. You claim here and in your previous appeal to get caught up in an intense situation.

Was this a once off minor thing, I could believe it was a simple mistake - but this is not the first time it happened (with nuke ops and a door, too), and this was not one thing but repeated interferences. I think you got caught up in the "intense situation" to the extent you chose not to follow your laws. This is much more plausible than not realising you're interfering with other beings - especially when you've been warned about it before, and they felt the need to attack you before ahelping about your interference.

This doesn't look like a fluke to me at all - it looks like you intentionally sought them out, venting into the room, to interfere with them.

I'm not sure why you brought up the discord ban since you also say it's not relevant, but since you are bringing it up I will address it here so it's not just a random snipe you're taking - You were banned from the discord for the use of homophobic slurs. That is our policy. You're far from the first or last to be banned there.

This complaint is without merit. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use