Possible MemeChem Nerfs - Meth + Mannitol

MattTheFicus

So I've been thinking of ways to minimize the use of memechems, especially in Nukies and other "Big Scary Events" such as Spiders. Ive written up a new chemical, so far called methamphaldehyde, to be a mix of Methamphetamine and Mannitol, that would act as a "bad mix" of the two chemicals. They would mix at a 1:1 ratio, meaning you cant just use an offset ratio to avoid it, and it would basically remove the Meth + Hydro + Mannitol combo from use. So far, in terms of coding it up, im about 80% done with it, but . . . 

My only issue at the moment is WHAT to make the side effects for methamphaldehyde. I dont want to make it something INSANELY bad, but just something to dissuade the use of Meth without having to deal with the side effects it gives you. It also would make the borer's chemicals a bit more dangerous, but frankly, being able to use Meth without ANY side effects is just too pervasive nowadays from both a Crew side and an Antag side to just leave alone.

• Like 1

Perhaps a chance to vomit every 10 seconds or so? Not so much it's crippling, but enough that it's something you really, really, don't want to happen in the middle of a fight.

Could have it cause intermittent seizures, like Meth withdrawl. Could also have it cause damage to all organs, though this could also be countered with some mitochlide. Perhaps, temporary blindness?

My vote is on sneezing a lot.

A little more deadly than vomiting as Neca suggestd since you're got a chance of dropping whatever is in your hands but not as deadly as having an outright seizure or damage to all organs.

Its definitely something you don't want happening in a fight.

On 12/8/2020 at 5:22 AM, Coolrune206 said:

Could have it cause intermittent seizures, like Meth withdrawl. Could also have it cause damage to all organs, though this could also be countered with some mitochlide. Perhaps, temporary blindness?

With the speed at which mitocholide heals organ damage, you couldn't really counter anything meaningful with it. But still, I like the way Matt does it in his PR more than this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use