Ventcrawl

KennyMazzle

So I spawned as a viro ling in a shift today and thought perfect! Vent crawling and spraying viruses at people and generally enjoying some havoc. However I was unable to vent crawl. MentorHelped and was told I can't vent crawl while holding something. Fair enough! Dropped the spray bottle and tried again. Nothing. 

Wanting a safer place to try (I was in the barbers at the time so anyone could have wandered past and seen me) I went back to virology, opened an isolation room door, lesser formed in an open locker to hide my gear and tried again. Nothing. Sent some more mentor messages as alt+clicking was still not working. No reply. Messaged admins, no reply. Checked and saw there were no admins online. Bummer. 

So there I was locked in a tiny observation room as a monkey with my ID on the other side of the door with no vent CRAWLING and the only thing pressing Alt was doing was changing Walk to Run while Alt was being held dow. So decided to call it a day and SSD but feel quite down about it since it completely negated what could have been a very fun antag round. 

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way I can avoid it? I've been cortical borers before and can vent crawl just fine. 

Edited by KennyMazzle
  • Thanks 1

I believe the only way to vent crawl as a changeling is to be a headslug or have a traitor items such as the Contortionist Jumpsuit. However, if vent crawling is an unlocked changeling ability something please correct me.

Normally in order to vent crawl, you cannot have a backpack on and cannot be holding anything. Additionally the only way to initiate a vent crawl is to use ALT CLICK on a vent/scrubber. You said you were using shift-click which just examines things.

Oh yeah I forgot about lesser form. Monkeys should be able to vent crawl but I don't believe they can wear anything while doing it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use