Admin complaint: Qwertytoforty

Kenken244

admin Ckey: @Qwertytoforty

my key: Kenken244

my discord name Kenken244

date of incident 11/19/2020

nature of incident: abuse of powers

brief description: after reports of three princess of terror spiders on the station, I faxed cc politely requesting a bioscan to confirm these reports, Instead I was publicly shamed by a CC announcement because I didn't label my paper and had capitalization mistakes. they also announced that they would refuse all ERT requests and then flooded the station with radiation

full description:

after talking with @necaladunover PMs after his announcement regarding admin IC interactions, I decided to file an admin complaint for this. It happened a week ago, so forgive me if I misremember some of the details. it was a long extended round. things were going rather well, but we were disturbed by reports of three princess spiders in one location, so at the recommendation of the NT rep, I faxed CC politely requesting a bioscan to confirm these reports and told them that we do not need an ert at this time. in response, I was publicly shamed by a CC announcement because I didn't label my paper and had capitalization mistakes (which has NEVER been an issue before in all my time captaining, especially not for an emegency fax!) and he decided to douse the station in radiation before giving us totally useless information about how many spiders there were, and then saying that he would refuse all ERT requests because I said we do not need an ert at this time. if this is not something that you should fax CC for, a simple "no" would have sufficed instead of public shaming and intentionally sabotaging the whole crew. this even led to some people calling for a vote of no confidence. all over a very minor mistake!. I think that captains have enough to deal with without worrying about public shaming from CC because they didn't label their fax during an emergency. please note that I am not complaining about the three terror spider infestation, as that was an interesting way to spice up an extended round that had already gone on over an hour, but rather the CC response to my fax

Edited by Kenken244
I had mistakenly believed that abydos was responsible for theCC response

I've spoken to Qwerty about that.

He was not wrong to shame you for the poor the capitalization mistakes. Admin policy has been changed to disallow this - here's the first draft that's currently in effect:

image.png.573921f22b8911ac25ecc40ce8301385.png

The radiation storm was based on an idea used in another round by another admin - that a heavy bioscan is done by a nearby ship, using the radiation to detect the spiders. In this case, doing it without proper warning you as a result of the fax meant you got blamed for it, which is not fair as you could not expect that to be a result of your fax.

I've told the admins that those kind of "heavy bioscans" should be given as an option that the crew are given, which means they'll have time to warn the crew, or decline it. If they're given an option between a light and heavy and they get a radstorm for heavy, that's fair. 

The previous guidelines weren't really clear on this, so I don't think it's fair to punish any admins over that, and instead would prefer to take systemic action.

Edit: Added 

"If you are denying faxes, you should do so in a way in which the person learns why the fax was a mistake. They shouldn't be discouraged from making another fax, but encouraged to do so with the knowledge of where they went wrong."

I'd like to say that while I was part of that round, I had absolutely nothing to do with the things involving the bioscan. I was playing a civilian who had gotten a rod of asclepius and spent around the whole round assisting medical during terror spiders. Though I was also a bad effect for the crew, cause whenever terror spiders came to medical... I ended up healing them. That's all I did for the entire round.. chill around medical and run if Terrors show up.

• stunbaton 1
  • explodyparrot 1

• Kenken244 changed the title to Admin complaint: Qwertytoforty
  • 1 month later...

As there's no further feedback and we've updated the policy, I think this can be marked resolved. If you wish to discuss it further, contact me or another head.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use