Give pAIs a synthesizer to play music.

FlamingLily

Title says it all, really. Let pAIs have some kind of synthesizer to allow a soundtrack for their masters' wacky adventures.

Just imagine, the RD is slinking around maints, EMAG in hand, ready to pounce on those blueprints. "pAI, you know what to do," and the pAI starts it's tune. https://youtu.be/ncNSJGPl8X4

And then, a call "Sec to CE office!" And suddenly, the pAI knows what to do. https://youtu.be/mnqcYVC12ys

I have absolutely no idea how easy or difficult this would be to code.

I imagine it would be a piece of downloadable kit, like doorjack or translator.

• Like 5

I think this would be an awesome addition to the pAI kit. Right now, there isn't much a pAI can do to affect the round. This would be a nice step towards making it more enjoyable to be a pAI. Maybe decrease the range of the music because of how small a pAI is.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in favor of this as well, but pAI's aren't useless entities.

They can have an inbuilt flashlight, translate any other language, they're the perfect death tracker if you're being quiet. I can't tell you the number of times I've scuppered some changeling or traitor who've killed my 'master', only to have me silently sat in their pocket reporting their location and the antag's identity/actions to sec or the AI, via the messenger system.

I do feel like maybe they should have a couple of their abilities replaced, such at the host bioscan, which I have never actually found a good use for, seeing as the medhud is essentially better, combined with a brief examine of the person in question.

Maybe that's what the synthesizer should replace?

Edited by BeanOS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2020 at 6:42 AM, BeanOS said:

I'm in favor of this as well, but pAI's aren't useless entities.

They can have an inbuilt flashlight, translate any other language, they're the perfect death tracker if you're being quiet. I can't tell you the number of times I've scuppered some changeling or traitor who've killed my 'master', only to have me silently sat in their pocket reporting their location and the antag's identity/actions to sec or the AI, via the messenger system.

I do feel like maybe they should have a couple of their abilities replaced, such at the host bioscan, which I have never actually found a good use for, seeing as the medhud is essentially better, combined with a brief examine of the person in question.

Maybe that's what the synthesizer should replace?

Surprised you have not mentioned the door jack which is a silent (no, AI does not get an alert) method of entry anywhere.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use