Take off the false medium RP description.

diRty!Muddman

I was temped banned on the server today for role play reasons. The staff member that banned me also handled the ban appeal. In which case they twisted my words, and did not even read what I typed. They must be a young staff member considering they did not understand what I wrote, and closed it off. Anyway I don't think there should be the tag of Medium RP when people get banned for roleplaying. I've already decided to switch to a different server, because of how this was handled. Considering the staff member did not have a full story of what was going on, and acted based on what was happening at the present time. They did not try to get a full story, and for a roleplaying server you think they would get a full story. Considering no one was killed just beat up a bit. Smh Can't call it a roleplaying server. When Roleplaying is not allowed. If you read the last part of the rule. (Minor assault, and fistfights are acceptable, assuming that both players have a reasonable justification as to why the fight started. Assault without any provocation or warning is strictly disallowed under a majority of circumstances.) Well I sure am glad I had a reason for the fistfight, and it was within the roleplay of what was going on. Yet I still got banned even though I followed the rule.

Roleplay my ass.png

Rules.png

Edited by diRty!Muddman
  • Salt 1

I don't think anything healthy will come from a discussion regarding this, nor do I feel like this is a genuine suggestion so much as it is a pseudo admin complaint over a false basis, so I've locked it for the time being, but also left it unhidden. A head admin may override my decision. 

1) The clown is the clown, it's their job to be funny, annoying or the like.. to the benefit or hinder of the crew within reason. What the clown did was perfectly fine within their job. You assaulted them. And was punished for it by Space law. You physically attacked someone, while they only disarmed and made no hostile actions back. That's why you got a jail sentence, they got a warning.

2) You threatened the Clown. That's okay.. you then immediately started trying to beat them to death again on the escape shuttle. You literally placed them into crit.. and I was watching the entire thing, you were trying to kill them.. the Clown was disarming you and moving away from you. You chased after them. It was clear they did not consent to this so called "fight" of yours.

3) It is not roleplay or sane in any world, where someone gets mad at a coworker, assaults them, blames them for assault and getting arrested, and starts trying to beat them to death infront of everyone else. That's insane and we don't permit insane characters.

We wish you all the luck at your new server.

Abydos is correct.
I would also add:

1. If you think a ban appeal was handled unfairly, the correct way to deal with that is via admin complaint, NOT making a suggestion to change the server's description.
  2. This ban only lasted two hours. Are you really going to create multiple forum threads for a single ban that only lasted 2 hours? It wasn't even your first ban for shuttle grief. You should most definitely know better by this point.
  3. You cannot, in general, kill people as a non-antag. Even if they start a fight with you. Self defense is allowed, but self defense requires that the force you use be limited and reasonable. Hitting someone on the ground is NEVER self defense. Killing someone is never self defense if you have any other option at all. Chasing someone down is not self defense. Etc. What you did does not in any way qualify as self-defense, and you have been told so repeatedly.
  4. Don't use the phrase "smh". Generally, it is a phrase used by children to make a fuss when they don't get what they want. It doesn't come across well. It suggests a childish attitude of "I know I am right, I am just going to ignore everything you say". As a player who got banned, taking that sort of attitude when dealing with an admin is a sure-fire way to get nowhere.

I'm going to move this thread to the resolved complaints forum, since it is essentially an admin complaint that was posted in the wrong section and fails to follow the required template.