Smugglers Coffin

zwan1990

So hiding bodies can be an annoyance and short of spacing or gibbing a body almost certain to be found. 

So what about a smugglers coffin.

By purchase you get a beacon that is able to drop it. 

Can place bodies items etc. in it. 

Can be placed under a tile like smugglers satchel. 

costs 4 tc.

Maybe a coroner exclusive item?

Thoughts?

Can increase the TC for it as well. Balancing wise not my thing but an idea for a interesting new item. 

Coding wise I don't think it will be hard to implement. 

There is also no need for a sprite or maybe if you wanna differentiate you can give it another color of the current coffins. 

Can be class C or higher. 

Edited by zwan1990

its not an interesting item. its boring, its bad from the perspective of realism (coffin would not fit under floor tile no matter how hard you try) and its also absolutely not necessary. There are million ways of making a body unrecoverable/unclonable, there is no need such an item. The vague concept of a traitor item that has something to deal with body of your target though? That may be interesting, but it needs a lot of thinking.

I actually like it a lot.

3 hours ago, Fraility said:

4 TC for a I'm gonna hide this body and it will never be found? it seems too easy for me

Compared to other items that cost <= 4TC, it's actually kind of overpriced tbh.

3 hours ago, McRamon said:

its not an interesting item.

Hard disagree. Hiding a body on demand is a really good thing to have for traitors with assassination objectives. It's generally more sportsmanlike too since it creates the possibility of the body being discovered if security has the suspicion to check for those kinds of things. It has downsides and upsides that are reasonable, such as the body is still relivable if located but you get to hide the body virtually on demand since you can spawn it in wherever you want.

its bad from the perspective of realism (coffin would not fit under floor tile no matter how hard you try)

There's so much in this game that's "bad" from the perspective of realism lol. It wouldn't snap the suspension of disbelief to just make it a special bluespace coffin that's only a couple inches thick or something. The storage implant uses the same logic and it's perfectly acceptable.

its also absolutely not necessary. There are million ways of making a body unrecoverable/unclonable, there is no need such an item.

There aren't ANY traitor items that make bodies hidden, though there are ones that make them unclonable (meat cleaver and chainsaw, for example), but that's not what this item does anyways, so it's kind of without merit to compare it to traitor items that can. One of the biggest facets of traitors is that they have multiple items that can do the same thing in different ways, depending on how the traitor wants to proceed. Saying, "This isn't necessary because there are a million ways to do this" isn't really a strong point against this suggestion because that's like saying, "why add a sniper rifle to the game when you have a pistol" because they both shoot stuff and kill things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corocan said:

Hard disagree. Hiding a body on demand is a really good thing to have for traitors with assassination objectives. It's generally more sportsmanlike too since it creates the possibility of the body being discovered if security has the suspicion to check for those kinds of things. It has downsides and upsides that are reasonable, such as the body is still relivable if located but you get to hide the body virtually on demand since you can spawn it in wherever you want.

Traitors shouldn't have an INCREDIBLY easy way to hide a body like this, at all. Traitors absolutely should have to find ways to hide and/or deal with bodies on their own, not buy an item that will virtually guarantee that it's never found unless a greytide/security goes around crowbarring up EVERY SINGLE FLOOR TILE which is what would happen here. You would NEVER find it unless you crowbarred every floortile in the exact same way that smugglers satchels are practically never found ever.

This is an unneeded item, and an overpowered one at that. It's far too easy to dispose of a body as it is now anyway. We don't need yet another easy option to ensure someone is permadead.

Finding a smugglers coffin gives an option of the body being found which is nice. Versus spacing someone were the body hardly gets found or gibbing or decapping bodies which seems to be the meta right now. 

With it being a possible coroner only item, most good sec players if the coroner is suspected can just ask an engineer or grab a t scanner themselves and scan the room or areas the coroner has been in. 

I don't think its an overpowered item. Just something new to add. 

Unfortunately, I don't really think this is a meaningful addition. 

Traitors already have several ways to hide a body, and this isn't really interesting as an item. It's something a person may engage with for about five seconds after spawning it in, and I'm willing to bet it'll be used by the same people that kill their targets 10 minutes into a round and then hide in escape pods.

9 hours ago, zwan1990 said:

Finding a smugglers coffin gives an option of the body being found which is nice. Versus spacing someone were the body hardly gets found or gibbing or decapping bodies which seems to be the meta right now. 

All of these options, especially the spacing, have a chance of being found more than this coffin ever would.

If you really want to hide someone you've killed under the floor, you can just chop off their head/remove their brain and then hide the head/brain in a smuggler's satchel.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use