Ether in medbay: What is its purpose?

Suspicious

Ether in Medbay: What is its purpose?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Had a disagreement today with an admin regarding the use of ether syringes on a thief stealing medical supplies in Medbay (automenders).

We disagreed on whether ether was an appropriate tool to subdue people in medbay by server rules.

For those not in the know, Ether puts you to sleep after several seconds in your bloodstream.

So, community, tell me what you think!

Edited by Suspicious

Is there a neither? Use Hydrocode for surgery anyway and just call Security for Trespassers/Thieves. If you ether someone for PETTY THEFT, you deserve the Assault charge Sec is gonna hand you.

The only exception i can think of where Ether'ing someone is warranted is if theyre absolutely trashing the place, which at LEAST has SOME tangent to real-life practice of sedating violent patients.

I guess to expand a little more on this based on Matt's reply: Should it at least be considered an IC issue if you do ether someone in medbay? I don't think you should be getting bwoinked for it, but I can see an assault charge being justified (especially when they don't have a good reason to ether you).

It depends on why you are ethering, for IC or admin. Someone beating up doctors and sec not coming over? IC issue. Ethering someone for stealing someone from medbay, or validhunting with an ether srynge gun? Admin issue. It's not always IC or always admin.

Oh, also I think it's perfectly okay to use a small amount of ether on someone who has food poisoning and is too dumb to sleep, as long as you tell them "I'm putting you to sleep for a bit to fix your food poisoning" first

Throwing my two cents in.

Ethering someone trespassing, like the clown breaking in to Meachem, I not only find favorable but preferable over even disarming as it can quickly prevent escalation of the situation while keeping it non-violent.

The caveat is the amount for me. 15u? Sure. It'll take a while to cycle but doesn't lock them out of the game entirely. Slamming someone into a sleeper and pumping them up to 80u? I'd bwoink you and ask why.

It depends on context, like everything about this game. 

If it's just someone being obnoxious and stealing a few things... call security. If it's someone that's destroying parts of medbay and security isn't available, you may defend your workplace. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use