Adding Non-Lethal Ammo to the Traitor Uplink

Benjaminfallout

I asked @Kyeton discord what he would think about adding non-lethal ammo the traitor uplink. This is what I've come up with. Below are the existing ammo types and my new suggested ammo types for easy comparison.

Revolver.png.3b0a89e19a61b35a9f81e6b27bc0bf36.png

.38 Revolver

Cost: Playing Detective.

Ammo Capacity: 6 Rounds.

Current Ammo Type(s)

Speed_loader__38.png.8d48f319fe74bc0ffa393bf7e07c2243.png .38 Revolver - Rubber Deals 5 Brute damage and 35 Stamina damage. Can be printed from a Autolathe.

Ammo_357.png.975bedb8a603bf334675d2f98a8c34d8.png Speedloader - .357: Deals 60 Brute damage but with a chance of backfiring. Can be printed from a hacked Autolathe.

Suggested Ammo Type(s)

N/A

SyndiRevolver.png.b159d9c128f22b2a5007115f881d6569.png

Syndicate .357 Revolver

Cost: 13 Telecrystals.

Ammo Capacity: 7 Rounds.

Current Ammo Type(s)

Ammo_357.png.975bedb8a603bf334675d2f98a8c34d8.pngSpeedloader - .357: Deals 60 Brute damage. Can be printed from a hacked Autolathe or purchased for 3 Telecrystals.

Suggested Ammo Type(s)

Speed_loader__38.png.8d48f319fe74bc0ffa393bf7e07c2243.png .357 Revolver - Rubber: Deals 5 Brute damage and 80 stamina damage. Can be printed from a hacked Autolathe or purchased for 3 Telecrystals.

-I went with 80 Stamina damage to match the beanbag slug. The normal .357 rounds do the same 60 brute damage as normal slugs so seeing the overlap I made it the same. It would let you down most if not all people in only two shots.

SyndiPistol.png.5f7928847ba9f213debd890054688efe.png

FK-69 Stechkin 10mm Pistol

Cost: 4 Telecrystals.

Ammo Capacity: 8 Rounds.

Current Ammo Type(s)

Ammo_10mm.png.e1da28e672d06dd0082bc2ba187d754e.pngMagazine - 10mm: Deals 30 Brute damage. Can be purchased for 1 Telecrystal.

Ammo_10mm.png.e1da28e672d06dd0082bc2ba187d754e.pngMagazine - 10mm Armor Piercing: Deals 27 Brute damage and has +40 armor piercing. Can be purchased for 2 Telecrystals.

Ammo_10mm.png.e1da28e672d06dd0082bc2ba187d754e.pngMagazine - 10mm Incendiary: Deals 30 Brute damage and Ignites target. Can be purchased for 2 Telecrystals.

Ammo_10mm.png.e1da28e672d06dd0082bc2ba187d754e.pngMagazine - 10mm Hollow Point: Deals 40 Brute damage and has -50 armor piercing. Can be purchased for 3 Telecrystals.

Suggested Ammo Type(s)

Ammo_10mm.png.e1da28e672d06dd0082bc2ba187d754e.png Magazine - 10mm Rubber: Deals 5 Brute damage and 25 Stamana damage. Can be purchased for 1 Telecrystal.

-I went with 25 Stamana damage both because of the large magazine size of 8 and how fast the weapon can fire. It would let you down most people will four shots as long as they didn't have any armor that reduces stamana damage. If basic sec armor reduces stamana damage I would see it fit to raise the damage up to the point of needing only four shots.

Edited by Benjaminfallout
  • Like 1

Just a correction on the .38 revolver - it was recently nerfed to only deal 35 stamina damage per shot rather than stamina damage + 3 second instant stun. 

I'm personally not a fan of having a second version of every traitor gun just to come loaded with non-lethals. I get that some people might prefer to not have the initial lethal rounds when buying it should there be a non-lethal variation but to me it just seems like bloat for that uplink item category. The stechkin especially so since it's already a very cheap gun to start with. Alternative ammo types in general I do like the idea of though.

With regards to each suggestion above:

• For the .357 Revolver Rubber Shot - From a less-lethal or stunning weapon standpoint, this seems like a worse version of the mini Ebow. It deals less overall damage (okay I get this isn't the main point of the ammo type but still), is limited to 7 shots per purchase and cannot have more printed from a lathe, doesn't regenerate ammo on its own, makes a very loud noise when fired and can't be concealed as easily. The only benefits I can see are that it fires faster and has the option to load much more lethal ammo (though switching between the two isn't as easy as a magazine-fed gun). I remember someone mentioning it would be neat if the revolver could chamber the .38 rounds somehow - that might be a better solution if it can be done given those can be printed instead though whether it would be too strong a buff is another matter.
  • For the Stechkin Rubber Shot - This would work very well as a self-defence weapon from chasing sec, since a single shot will slow them down and disarm them at the same time. For stunning people you intend to kill/cuff I can't remember if stuns stack in the code, if they don't then unloading the whole clip into them won't even keep them down, and if they do stack you'd still need most of the clip to have long enough to do so. For 1TC I guess it does work, but I remember another codebase having soporific stechkin rounds that would KO people for a short while but only after enough shots were landed on them, which is stronger and more unique for an ammo type. Not sure if maybe something like that would be better?
  • For the Sniper Soporific Rounds - These are pretty underused in nukies and are a rare sight in traitor rounds for now given they're exclusive to one of the uplink bundles. I wouldn't mind them being more available to traitors via the compact rifle, but at the same time I think the compact rifle needs a rework/reprice of it's own right now as I think i've seen it used just twice since it got merged last year - likely because it's very expensive compared to other powerful traitor items around the same price and completely barred from discounts and surplus crate rolls.

6 hours ago, AzuleUtama said:

Just a correction on the .38 revolver - it was recently nerfed to only deal 35 stamina damage per shot rather than stamina damage + 3 second instant stun. 

I'm personally not a fan of having a second version of every traitor gun just to come loaded with non-lethals. I get that some people might prefer to not have the initial lethal rounds when buying it should there be a non-lethal variation but to me it just seems like bloat for that uplink item category. The stechkin especially so since it's already a very cheap gun to start with. Alternative ammo types in general I do like the idea of though.

With regards to each suggestion above:

• For the .357 Revolver Rubber Shot - From a less-lethal or stunning weapon standpoint, this seems like a worse version of the mini Ebow. It deals less overall damage (okay I get this isn't the main point of the ammo type but still), is limited to 7 shots per purchase and cannot have more printed from a lathe, doesn't regenerate ammo on its own, makes a very loud noise when fired and can't be concealed as easily. The only benefits I can see are that it fires faster and has the option to load much more lethal ammo (though switching between the two isn't as easy as a magazine-fed gun). I remember someone mentioning it would be neat if the revolver could chamber the .38 rounds somehow - that might be a better solution if it can be done given those can be printed instead though whether it would be too strong a buff is another matter.
  • For the Stechkin Rubber Shot - This would work very well as a self-defence weapon from chasing sec, since a single shot will slow them down and disarm them at the same time. For stunning people you intend to kill/cuff I can't remember if stuns stack in the code, if they don't then unloading the whole clip into them won't even keep them down, and if they do stack you'd still need most of the clip to have long enough to do so. For 1TC I guess it does work, but I remember another codebase having soporific stechkin rounds that would KO people for a short while but only after enough shots were landed on them, which is stronger and more unique for an ammo type. Not sure if maybe something like that would be better?
  • For the Sniper Soporific Rounds - These are pretty underused in nukies and are a rare sight in traitor rounds for now given they're exclusive to one of the uplink bundles. I wouldn't mind them being more available to traitors via the compact rifle, but at the same time I think the compact rifle needs a rework/reprice of it's own right now as I think i've seen it used just twice since it got merged last year - likely because it's very expensive compared to other powerful traitor items around the same price and completely barred from discounts and surplus crate rolls.

Thank you for telling me about the changes to the .38. I've been going off the wiki for information.

-Seeing how they changed that I guess it may be better to change out the instant stunts for stamana damage. I'll use the 35 as a reference along with other stamana damaging rounds in the game.

-You have a good point when it comes to giving the uplink a bit to much bloat. I'll take that part out and focus on what ammo alone should cost and do.

-I do think that a stunning .357 quickloader should be able to be printed from a hacked autolath like the normal .357 quickloader.

Your input has been very helpful! Thank you.

I'll update this when I get the time.

I could definitely see the uses for these ammos. Quite a few players like to go the more non-lethal route, and I could see its uses for a lethal run too! Overall a pretty good addition imo as there'd be plenty of uses for it all around, and it has viable uses in multiple different scenarios.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use