Pathfinder (DnD) group

Regen

So i've been intrigued by DnD sessions in SS13 enough to want to try out the real thing.

I do not have a lot of experience with DnD, but I know the basic gist of it, what I want to do is collect a small group of players and a DM for a session of some good ol' Pathfinder (which I have been told is a better version of DnD, I don't mind what we play as long as its like DnD and not Dark heresy)

So you want to join this group?

Great!

Some basic info about yourself pluss your experience as a reply goes a long way, keep in mind that we need a decent DM that are capable of handling new players.

You can also send me a PM if you're interested to join and you don't want to reply to this thread for any reason.

We will use voice chat and various web resources to communicate, I will provide teamspeak3 server.

Some resources to look through if you're a new player and interested

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/resources

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue25/pathfinder

This'll be my first time even trying out DnD so I'm incredibly new! But I'd like to try it out with you, what should we write for our characters? Just a basic description about them or something?

Will it be pbp or via roll20

Also if you ge a group of rookies I could recommend d20 future as the system to use from the 3.5 era as that game could easily imitate the SS13 feeling.

For a more fantastic feeling I've found 4e and 3.5 to be extremely fun

I recommend 3.5 for yer guys. :!:

Pathfinder might seem better (as it is newer and actually has a slightly better system), it is actually a lot easier to spiral off into a power-gaming dungeon-hack than 3.5 - unless that's exactly what yer looking for! :lol:

NB: Also, Regens, if yer wanna roleplay with folks locally, I recommend looking up game communities like Ares (Blindern), SKSF (Skedsmokorsets Spillforening), Hyperion or PM me for a group. ;)

I strongly recommend Roll20.net for your online tabletop venue. Even if you're just using a free account, you still have access to every core feature that makes the table work - Initiative tracker, sample tokens, the ability to upload and use your own tokens, scripting macros, etc. Additionally, Roll20 has a bunch of pre-made scripts and materials specifically for Pathfinder!

I strongly recommend Roll20.net for your online tabletop venue. Even if you're just using a free account, you still have access to every core feature that makes the table work - Initiative tracker, sample tokens, the ability to upload and use your own tokens, scripting macros, etc. Additionally, Roll20 has a bunch of pre-made scripts and materials specifically for Pathfinder!

I second that! :!:

We are going to be using roll20 and playing Pathfinder. It's easy to use and if you overpower your character (to the point where it's unrealistic for the story) you will be smote?...smited?...I will smite you...

PM me to join the campaign and I'll send you TS3 info and have a roll20 link whipped up within a few days.

Table...top...sense...tingling...

Regens, if you find DMing Pathfinder fun you should also look into Dungeon World for a more Role play experience and less combat one, and also 13th Age also is a good option as well on the Role play front, though it's combat is more to the style of 4eD&D and not pathfinder\3.5eD&D.

As for your game, follow MrBits advice, roll20 is a fantastic resource to use for your actual game experiance, the only problem is you have to put down everyones pogs and give them control of them, etc. There's also MapTool which is more complicated but lets your players have more freedom when making their characters on the board, but as mentioned it's more complicated to run and set up.

Also skype meh if you still have me on your contacts, i've ran Pathfinder for 2 years so far so I can help ya if ya need it.

roll20 is a fantastic resource to use for your actual game experiance, the only problem is you have to put down everyones pogs and give them control of them, etc. There's also MapTool which is more complicated but lets your players have more freedom when making their characters on the board, but as mentioned it's more complicated to run and set up.

Yes that's true, I should have clarified. Roll20 has a lot of really well-done options for macros, maps and tokens, but to get the best out of it you should set things up ahead of time. The games I've run have gone so much more smoothly when the PCs joined and instantly had access to their own character journals and combat macros, but that required me spending the previous night doing all this writing and "coding."

If you're the sort of GM who prefers to do everything on the fly, well, I don't think you'll be getting as much bang for your buck. I'd really recommend just a little bit of prepwork, it goes a long way.

So, I've decided that the game will be more lighthearted than, "Oh God the world' 'splodin'!"

So far the roster is:

monkeysfist101: Game Master

Regen: Undecided

Gibson1027: Bulk Squat-Thrust the stronk Orc

Deanthelis: Undecided

M3hillus: Undecided

block1: Undecided

If your name is not on this list and you want it to be, PM me.

The ideal time to meet is 10:00 AM Central Time.

For the campaign itself, be thinking of characters that you will be playing. Set up characters that are traditionally the low level mook characters. (goblins, orcs, gnolls...)

EDIT:

Eldrin reminded me that I forgot the day that we will meet. That day is Sunday. Thank you Eldrin.

Sounds like awesome fun.

Timezones mean this wouldn't work out for me, otherwise I'd be tempted to give it a shot. All the best guys, good luck and good gaming.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use