Make Dead Cyborgs look DEAD

draven blackpaw

I absolutely adore playing as a Borg. But when I get thrown at whatever is threatening the station and eventually K.O.ed... I'd love for people tp actually notice that I'm dead and need help, rather than looking intact and I'm just chillin somewhere. My favorite was when I was a Mediborg,  got mauled by a Xeno,  The Xeno was kind enough to drag me back out into the main hallway... and I get passed by for about 15 minutes before someone noticed I'm dead, then drags me to Robotics... says nothing... then I sit in Robotics Dead for the rest of the round.

• Like 3

This has been an issue from a long time, dead borgs only appear unpowered (which sprite wise is nearly invisible in itself), and if they're not facing downwards, its near impossible to notice from visual queues alone.

Some sort of effect would be way to go.

On 10/1/2020 at 3:52 AM, WingedYordle said:

Maybe a smoke animation to show something?

I like this idea. An alternative could be the spark effect that IPCs have when they're drunk. Noticeable and a constant reminder for roboticists to fix the dead borgs standing around in robotics.

I'm not sure I agree. You could probably do a busted-open borg, or a borg lying on its side or something. Though getting one for every possible borg sprite would be a lot of work.

I suppose a faltering holographic 'error' sign wouldn't be terrible... although it'd probably be done the same way the smoke or other ideas would be done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use