Hijack in Paradise

Jayne Steller

As many of us have tried and tried and failed, again and again to Hijack that shuttle or just maybe even to let loose a bunch of bombs on the station, we all have our attempts and stories and fun of trying so I thought lets share them here. I'm posting this to encourage more creative things to be tried and to spice it up and have more unusually seen gameplay. Notably the item named "His Grace" is underused so I'd like to encourage people to try new things by making this.

https://youtu.be/WjLgEzZDzPk

Syndicate with the Hijack objective can do what is called a "TC trade" and ahelp to trade in their telecrystals for something that can be seen as non-conventional and may not be obtainable normally. For example I spawned as a medical doctor but requested the item called "His Grace." It is a chaplain only item but if you kindly do a trade, you may just get yourself "His Grace" if you request it. Wizard spells can be obtained in a trade as well BUT be reasonable. Depending on the current given round type you may be denied this.

This topic is not exclusive to only what I've mentioned with TC trades, I just want to encourage new ideas into the community. I'd enjoy to hear what people try when they get hijack as an objective.

• toolbox 1
  • explodyparrot 2

First off, I really like the idea of more creative ways to accomplish the traitor goals. I would prefer them more interaction and RP based then violence based though. I also didn't know you could ask the admins for specific traitor items and trade them for TC:s. That is very helpful.

Watching this video, I'm a bit concerned. You kill 13 people which to me seems extremely excessive. Even more concerning is the admin urging you on. Personally, a killing spree before hijacking is what I would call the opposite of creative, since murdering a lot of people is usually the first thing that comes to mind when people think "traitor".

I don't have all the facts about the situation. Maybe your traitor goal was to cause as much havoc as possible. But I have no idea how this could be considered an increase in fun. By my count, you're having a great time. The other 13 people who got killed.. not so much.

I don't mean to sound harsh. I think the idea of the thread is great! The example used may not be the best though.

Yes, I was the admin who conducted the trade. I'll say this on the matter.. trades are entirely doable. It depends upon your objectives... if you have to kill someone, and you'd like another objective, we may give it to you. A trade is unlikely as it'd make no sense on why we'd give you a hijack/nukie item if you have to steal something or kill 1 person.

If you have hijack however, trades are entirely doable and depends on the context. You want CQC? We can arrange it. You want his grace? We can arrange it. It will cost most, if not, all your TC as  you are effectively getting an item, or role that can literally break or make a round. Some things however, we will not trade or offer such as super antag roles or very powerful items. If the crew have zero chance against you (Such as an ancient one) or the item (Such as instakill rifle), then please don't ask for it.

6 hours ago, Maxfromsweden said:

Watching this video, I'm a bit concerned. You kill 13 people which to me seems extremely excessive. Even more concerning is the admin urging you on. Personally, a killing spree before hijacking is what I would call the opposite of creative, since murdering a lot of people is usually the first thing that comes to mind when people think "traitor".

It's up to the hijacker. Hijack allows them to do anything they want. If they want to bomb the bridge, they may. If they want to expose the bar to space and kill everyone in it, they may. If they just want to chill in one room until the shuttle is called, they may. The only rules they aren't allowed to break are ERP and racism rules, those still apply.

On 9/24/2020 at 4:35 AM, Maxfromsweden said:

I don't mean to sound harsh. I think the idea of the thread is great! The example used may not be the best though.

You are very correct on this! There are many ways to do it and I will attempt more humorous things in future. Provided with a video of course. My personal opinion is against releasing the engine and the rounds over or just emagging the escape shuttle so I wanted SOMETHING non-conventional to provide. If you have an idea that could include RP and hijacking the shuttle then I HIGHLY encourage you to try it. Murderbone is normally frowned upon so please if you have an idea, share it here or show it off in game. It's a good and bad example because of what you can do, I'd say it's a bad example because it's ONLY murderbone and a limited showcase.

I'm not being sarcastic when I say this but please if you have a creative way without being a murderhobo and minimize casualties, I would LOVE to see it. Thus being the reason I made this topic. Try things! Be a showoff! Hell, if you want to be a filthy sweaty murderhobo and show it off, This is the topic for it. Do keep in mind ONE THING, paradise isn't a murderbone server!

If you can somehow roleplay those other 50-100 other people to NOT get onto the escape shuttle then I will forever be impressed, you absolute legend.

Remember antags are not about winning so TRY THINGS.

Edited by Jayne Steller

I rarely play hijack antags but the one thing I've really wanted to try, and I know this is a long shot, but I would love to try to make it happen based on deception. Here are some off the top of my head:

Impersonating an NT official. I know this sound unlikely but I've seen a captain give All Access to the clown based on a note a borg dragged in which ordered that the captain get all access. The note was signed John Nanotrasen.

Blackmailing the captain somehow. Maybe framing them for a crime or some big offense.

Becoming HOP, somehow removing the captain from power, call the shuttle. This one would be pretty hard to do but powerhungry HOP is one of my favorite types of HOPs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use