Feature request: Allow changelings to split via limbs

Warriorstar

The loss of any limb of a changeling should result in that limb becoming a new changeling mob of some kind. It could become a new, player-controlled changeling with the appearance of the old one, or perhaps a cortical-borer-type AI mob that vent crawls and uses disposals to find new hosts to take over.

Let's go full John Carpenter in this shit.

And yes, obviously a ling can chop off their own limbs. But if they don't grow back, that's a significant sacrifice gameplay-wise. I don't know what objectives they'd get either.

I was originally worried about changelings just chopping off countless limbs but you mentioned they can't grow it back. 

For for some reason I thought changelings could do this

Minus that this would be really cool

2 hours ago, ZN23X said:

I was originally worried about changelings just chopping off countless limbs but you mentioned they can't grow it back. 

For for some reason I thought changelings could do this

Minus that this would be really cool

Yeah I had to double check they didn't already have a relevant ability.

I think it would be interesting, but mind you it would need to be an ability that can be manually toggled on/off by the changeling host, or it'd be a (very risky and ethically dubious) way for security to verify whether or not a subject is a changeling.

Changelings can very much regrow limbs by transforming right now (either to another race, or potentially any transforms will do it, not 100% on the specifics, but transforming to another race will FOR SURE regrow all your limbs).

I don't think it's by design, though, there's a lot of issues with transforming to another race in general.. and as much as some of the other issues are more like exploits that are not allowed, if you were to use this ability it'd HAVE to restrict your transformations until these issues are fixed.

A concern of mine would also be security chopping off suspected Cling's limbs to test them... and the last thing we need is to give security a valid reason to cut the clowns arms off.

• stunbaton 1
  • clown 1

Ahhh the racials about regrowing limbs are things I have no idea about.

In dchat there's often people who discuss the various ins and outs of what happens when different kinds of species are transformed from one body to another, or what about the player-character gets preserved when being cloned and such... all the medical details are beyond me, but limb-regrowing does sound like it can be exploited. I appreciate everyone chiming in, also!

My initial thoughts when I read the title, and still think it'd be a cool variation on the idea, is for a changeling to revive from a dismembered limb instead of the body. Same basic idea, but instead of reviving at the body, they slowly regrow from a limb left lying somewhere, with a lot less chemicals and (maybe) DNA absorbed. Of course, there's still the issue with regrowing limbs, and i'd think the brain still needs to be intact to pull off the revival so cremating doesn't become useless, but it could be an interesting alternate way to do this.

I'm mainly imagining a changeling cutting off an arm and hiding it in maint, then running off and "getting caught" and reviving right as they're about to destroy the body.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use