Artistic Secret Santa!

Drakeven

Hello my fellow Spacepeople. Of late, we’ve had a large number of people drawing art of their escapades on station, posting on the forums or in the ‘Art’ Discord channel. I’ve always been quite enthusiastic about encouraging creativity in our community, That is why I was thinking about organizing an art event.

We’ve had art events before, like the ‘server banner’ competition, but with the amount of artists of different skill levels and experience, a competition wouldn’t be very inclusive. I want as many people who want to draw to do so. So, I’m currently organizing an ‘Art Secret Santa’ (I know it’s no-where near to Christmas, that’s just what it’s called.)

Here’s how it works. On discord, (Drakeven#1682) you send me your interest in participating,  then you send me a description/reference of what you’d like drawn (Keep in mind, it’s got to be ‘Space Station 13’ related. A character you play, most likely.) Then, I add you to a (Hopefully) big list of people. After everyone has been entered, I muddle around the list, and give YOU a description/reference of who YOU will be drawing. KEEP THIS SECRET. It’s supposed to be a surprise until the end. The art in question can be anything, any style, (eg. 3D art, Pixel Art, Traditional, or Digital.) as long as it’s visual art.

Now, here’s the caveat- You can’t just join because you want free art. If you want art, you’re going to have to make some. This doesn’t mean you have to be “good” at art, you can be of any skill level, beginner, or advanced, what matters is the EFFORT you put into your work. You’ve got to put a concerted effort into making something for someone that will make them happy. As long as you’ve tried, that will be good enough, so please do try. This event is to encourage new artists to try their hand at making something, as much as it is something for the more experienced.

Here are the important dates- One Week after this announcement, (Currently Thursday 24th of September) I will close entries. Please message me BEFORE THEN to enter into the secret santa. One day after that, I’ll be giving out who each person is going to be drawing. Three weeks after that (Friday the 16th of October) is the deadline for finishing your art piece for your assigned secret santa. Feel free to send it to me if you complete it before then, however the 16th of October is the hard deadline that you should be aiming to get your art-piece done by. 

Hopefully by the end of it we’ll have a wonderful pile of art to hand out to people. I’m looking forward to this, and if anyone needs any help, please feel free to give me a message, or, if you’re struggling with how to draw something, perhaps poke your head into the art channel (As long as you don’t give away who you’re drawing.) Making and fixing mistakes is how we learn after all. 

snek!.png

Edited by Drakeven
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • fastparrot 3
  • explodyparrot 1

• Drakeven unlocked and locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...