Allow Syringe Gun to use DNA Injector?

Smokincheez

It's not a very big suggestion as far as I'm aware, and I think it makes sense.

I was playing a round of Geneticist, got my hands on a syringe gun, and attempted to load in some DNA injectors.
I was very disappointed when they couldn't be loaded.

Of course, this seems wildly powerful, but the whole point of the syringe gun is to inject people with questionable concoctions in the first place. It could allow a geneticist to quickly arm sec with powers to help fight off antags, or it could also be used by a traitor to discreetly and quickly debilitate someone.

Overall, I think it's a logical addition that will make rounds a lot more interesting.

EDIT: Though harder to implement, a specific item only meant for DNA injectors could possibly solve the issue of balancing, as it could be made hard to obtain or limited in its capacity/fire rate.

Edited by Smokincheez
Reply brought up a good point

5 minutes ago, ID404NotFound said:

this would be immensely overpowered, as you can turn someone into a blind deaf genetic monstrosity with one shot

Couldn't the same be said with a syringe with lethal toxins or hallucinogens? Of course, it would be powerful, but injecting someone against their will isn't too complicated anyways. In my opinion, this doesn't really change the power of the syringe gun itself, it just gives it more options.

1 minute ago, ID404NotFound said:

15u of a toxin are nothing compared to what being overloaded with genetic defects does to you

True, but it does take some time and luck to get what genes you want. Also, such an item could be made hard to obtain, if it's added as a separate item. Possibly something that could only be used at short or melee range.

You can also gib people with genetics syringes. Imagine a traitor running around with a rapid fire syringe gun loaded with 6 gibbing injectors and a backpack full of more injectors. It's a cheesy and objectively broken way to kill people. It's not even difficult to get a gibbing injector, it's probably the easiest one. You can still use the injectors for your antag needs, you just have to be creative about it. Like soap slipping an officer chasing you and then injecting them with every disability known to man.

Agreeing with everyone here. There's a reason why you can't RSG genetic disabilities, it'd be hilariously broken balance wise. Even more-so than most death mixes chemistry can make, and that's certainly saying something. It doesn't really take that much time at all to get the disabilities either if you know certain ways you can find in guides on the forum to get them all.

This works on TG as a genetics traitor item, because over there, you cannot literally gib someone because their species has no lesser form. Veeeerrry bad idea imo. That being said, you technically already can inject disabilities via syringe gun if you get SM, or are a changeling with transformation sting.

Edited by TheMaveran

I'm just gonna end up repeating what others are saying here.

If you couldn't insta gib someone with it or instantly blind, mute, silence, turn into a lesser form IN ONE shot then sure this would be good. There's more reason why it's NOT there. It's just stupidly overpowered and not fun to play against. Just inject them normally, that's not even to hard in itself. Anyone could grab soap and insert a potentially dangerous needle already, we don't need some guy doing it with a ranged item.

On 9/18/2020 at 4:03 PM, TheMaveran said:

This works on TG as a genetics traitor item, because over there, you cannot literally gib someone because their species has no lesser form. Veeeerrry bad idea imo. That being said, you technically already can inject disabilities via syringe gun if you get SM, or are a changeling with transformation sting.

If you have enough 'good' abilities (Hulk, xray, tk) in one person without enough balancing disabilities, they take constant clone damage and eventually gib on Paradise.

This was done years back because the abuse of genetics was overwhelming.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use