Potential Vox changes and ideas.

Onyxarias

1 hour ago, BeanOS said:

Tip taps into vox thread all sneaky like

Ok so... yous hear voxxy out... give voxxy more skree yaya... is all goods?

Voxxy thinkings this was already PR'd and it gots denied :(

14 hours ago, Eler00 said:

As for the Vox buff, dwarfism has been discussed before, I believe. At the time, people were against it since dwarfism is fairly strong mechanically, but it would definitely be very fitting.

The last time I saw someone bring it up was way back when Vox were still spaceproof so I feel like that probably affected a lot of opinions at the time. I never really thought dwarfism was particularly strong mechanically, but at the time people probably didn't really see a good reason to give Vox more boons than they already had and I agreed. Now that the spaceproof Vox is a thing of the past, dwarfism is a totally reasonable thing to give Vox. There's not a lot of particularly powerful ways to use dwarf since it's pretty much limited to just being able to walk on tables so for the most part dwarf is just a visual change, but it'd be a nice token for Vox players to sort of stand out from the other races, which is supposed to sort of be the inherent point of unique races.

6 hours ago, Corocan said:

The last time I saw someone bring it up was way back when Vox were still spaceproof so I feel like that probably affected a lot of opinions at the time. I never really thought dwarfism was particularly strong mechanically, but at the time people probably didn't really see a good reason to give Vox more boons than they already had and I agreed. Now that the spaceproof Vox is a thing of the past, dwarfism is a totally reasonable thing to give Vox. There's not a lot of particularly powerful ways to use dwarf since it's pretty much limited to just being able to walk on tables so for the most part dwarf is just a visual change, but it'd be a nice token for Vox players to sort of stand out from the other races, which is supposed to sort of be the inherent point of unique races.

Also on this topic, the current Vox sprites actually make them physically larger, and easier to attack or interact with, than other races. It's minor enough, but really noticeable, especially once you have a Vox and any other race standing side-by-side. Dwarfism would bring them more in line with the other races in terms of clickable area.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use