2nd Survey Discussion

Kyet

one thing I probably should have mentioned in the meeting is that the next survey like this should probably be advertised in game somehow, as if its only forum and discord users then it will skew the data pretty severely

If applicable, please detail any changes you might make to the current boxstation map to suit our population.

Move or remove the courtroom and put the library or chapel there instead. The courtrom occupies prime real estate yet is something I've never seen used. Give some love to the RP roles and put the library or the chapel there instead. I think having the chapel quite close to the centre of the station would be pretty sweet.

I would also love to see the unused office moved closer to the centre to give more RP opportunities.

If applicable, please list any suggestions or concerns you might have regarding the accessibility of command roles.

Increasing the # of hours of playtime in a department to play as the head of that department (e.g: medical hours to play CMO) is INCREDIBLY popular.

I think the feeling is that many heads are incompetent but this solution may not adress that. It will make those that play the jobs more skilled at individual tasks of their department but it will not make them more skilled at RUNNING that department. There is no job (right now) that prepares you for leading and directing a department. It's about people management and less about individual skills.

Head roles are about leading, directing and delegating, not your individual skills, although those are necessary. Sure, you should know the details of your department, but if you're silent in comms, constantly escalates minor discussions and do everything yourself as a head, you will seem incompetent regardless of how well you can robust a changeling as HoS. Maybe some leadership guide would be useful on the Wiki.

I doubt increasing the time would make people more competent at the job since the Department Head roles fundamentally a different skillset than the "normal" jobs. While it might be annoying to have an incompetent Head, it's the fastest way to actually get good at being a Head. There is an NTrep and Captain in place if they are not good enough.

Antag greentext should be…

42% favor removing greentext.

This is a big reduction of the data gathered. It actually says:

45.9% Left as it is

42% Changed to a list of antags and objectives, but without their completion status or largegreen/redtext.

12.2 %Removed from the gameentirely, leaving station objectivegreentext instead

Meaning that a majority of those who voted, want to see a change. Since both the two second options agree in removing greentext the conclusion would be that it's what the majority wants. I didn't participiate in the survey, but I assumed the question was "Pick One Alternative". Letting people rank their option would make it easier to see if those 12.2 % that want it completely removed, would also be fine with a "Changed to a list of antags and objectives, but without their completion status or largegreen/redtext."

With that said, I think greentext is a good reward system for antagonists. It's just the goals that need changing. Having more RP focused goals would lead to being rewarded for RP:ing. Killing, Hijacking, Marooning, can all lead to RP, but the quickest and most efficient way is through violence, which means it's the path most likely taken.

Goals like Stealing, Interrogating (a goal I suggested in another thread), Contract signing (getting someone to sign some sort of document), trading a certain item for another one, Capturing (someone) alive etc. would be more likely to result in interactions that don't require lethal violence to solve. Hopefully some of the goals should actively discourage violence and lead to more lying and deception which can be done through RP.

Personally, I find the events focus on violence directly opposed to RP, since you can't talk while fighting and doing so actively diminishes your ability to fight. Meaning you have to pick one most of the time.

Kidan balance is often a hot topic for debate, please list any ideas you might have for interesting racial quirks, drawbacks, and potential positive traits.

I'd like to weigh in a possible trait that was mentioned during voice chat and that they could be flashed through eyewear and even possibly stun them. Kidans take that extra brute damage but most brute damage is in fact close combat situations and the only event this trait could not be utilized would be when the kidan is a changeling and can just blow out the bulb or EMP implant but consider experimenting first as those could be seen as a only temporary fix. Flashes are relatively easy to replace and obtain thus stopping the murderous de-sword or changeling from using an arm blade to cut you to pieces and if the kidan has thermal eyes, it's a risk and reward scenario. This could be double edged-sword trait where the kidan has to use a flash or flashbang and it manages to be used on themselves, it's a possible game over unless they are planning to beat the shit out of you.

In other words, "skitter skitter, click clack. I'm a fucking ant. OH FUCK THE LIGHT, IT BURNS MY GIANT EYES! WHY DON'T THESE SMALL/GIANT GLASSES PROTECT MY GIANT BUG EYES!?"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jayne Steller said:

I'd like to weigh in a possible trait that was mentioned during voice chat and that they could be flashed through eyewear and even possibly stun them.

I like this idea as well, as it eliminates the NEED for a hud implant and replaces it with an OPTION for a welding shield implant. I can imagine Kidan playing security and antag would still opt for the welding shield implant, though while useful, not always necessary. It would, however, free Kidan playing mining, medical and science from getting mandatory implanting.

I have made a post regarding lore here

Basically add a lore section where people can collaborate on lore that isn't wiki-development so its more focused on lore, and I just realized this is not the 1st survey question discussion where lore was talked about...

Edited by TheYeetster

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use