Antag Mode: Tator vs Tator

DaveKorhal

A team vs team variant of tator rounds encouraging more cooperation with the crew. Or certain parts of it, at least. Two rival groups of traitors try to protect their assigned department while making the other's department as miserable as possible.

Example:

• 8 tators are spawned. 4 are on "Team Engineering", 4 are on "Team Science". (Note: these tators can still spawn in any job, not just the department they're teamed up with.)
  • Team Engineering has the objective to "Protect the Engineering department while making the Science department as miserable as possible". Team Science has the exact opposite objective.
  • It is valid for them to recruit other crew to help protect said departments.
  • Security can still perma tators and crew with Syndicate contraband as usual.

Goal: still encourage the usual tator shenanigans while giving tators a reason to recruit crew to their cause and opportunities to make people's lives miserable without killing/stealing/exploding them.

Testing: In addition to the usual "Is this actually fun?" testing, I want to test whether it's more fun with almost no restraints on what they can do (kind of like a mini-Hijack targeting just 2 departments) or strict restraints on what they can do (no explosions large enough to breach the station, no permakilling).

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds quite similar to the gangs gamemode of other servers. One worry I have is what the traitors can and can't do. Would science be allowed to max cap bomb engineering? Would engineering be allowed to plasma flood science? I think more concrete objectives would be needed.

I think it should be limmited to minor assasination attempts and stuff like grand sabetage should not be allowed. It would be fun as a EoC VS EoC and sec play the neutral party. you should be allowed to scam kill rob kidnappings and suchs things. What should be be allowed blow up a hole larger then 4 tiles flood the station depower the station mass murder.

On 9/12/2020 at 7:25 PM, DaveKorhal said:

I want to test whether it's more fun with almost no restraints on what they can do (kind of like a mini-Hijack targeting just 2 departments) or strict restraints on what they can do (no explosions large enough to breach the station, no permakilling).

I'll be honest with you. If we do no restrictions at least one of those departments will no longer exist by about twenty minutes in and the other will be mostly gone. So if I ever went with this event idea I'm not giving them hijack level leeway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use