rework - service borg

procdrone

I've been playing a service borg quite often lately, and there are some pet peeves that annoyed me during that time, something, that, I think is within reason to add.

Currently, service borg has a limited number of drinks available to his disposal. I'd say its a very limited amount compared to what bar machines can do, and often people ask me for drinks, im sadly unable to oblige given these limitations.

I see no reason why not to (you'd say that would remove bartender significance. first, he has none already, second, service borgs are wildly uncommon and there is little power gained from having all the drinks available, third, janitors and janiborgs have exactly same situation and its not a problem for them)

My idea is, to cut down on inventory clutter thats already large on service borg, to remove the drink items and instead add 2 items, the alcohol dispenser and soda dispenser. They would work exactly the same as bar machines, in exception they would not fill a beaker but dispense selected drinks - select which drink to dispense and click to dispense 5/10 units of that drink into clicked glass.

Something like the current service RCD device that service borg already has, for glasses and snacks and stuff.

It would be a good time to maybe even rework that device to have an UI, switching between that long list is also somewhat inconvenient.

Maybe it would be even better to create one UI for all of it, just with different tabs. Service Items, Alcohol dispenser and Soda dispenser in one item? Whatever is more convenient to the coder.

If thats not attainable simply adding the missing drink items to equipment would also work but would be a massive pain inventory managment wise.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention the case of upgrades. Bar machines can be upgraded using RnD components. The simple solution would be to add an upgrade module for the borg in robotics to unlock the extra drinks.

Edited by procdrone
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use