Roboticist Frustration

KennyMazzle

Today I rage-quit the game for the first time since I started playing. Being a roboticist, build a nice mining Ripley and an Oddey for medical but I had a constant swarm of borgs coming in asking for upgrades. This is usually fine but a couple of them were constantly queuing up their upgrades on the machines while I was trying to use them and I found this incredibly frustrating. Then they'd stand in the corner and constantly point at the machine while chirping that those are the upgrades they wanted. When one was in the queue but red I had to go to the main menu to see what materials were in the machine and what I'd need to add into it. Low and behold though as I was looking the borg would go back to the upgrades menu and start adding in more. This must have happened 3 or 4 times before I ragequit. I logged in about 5 minutes later after cooling off, went back to robotics and there was already a borg waiting and also kept trying to use the machine while I was checking materials because they wanted a VTEC.

Does anyone else experience this or did I just have an unlucky day?

Yup, what Procdrone said, flash em and pull their batteries. Depending on their Lawset you could also just kindly tell them to go the hell away, and if they ignore you, you can ahelp that theyre ignoring crew commands.

• Like 1

It might be better to expand on this.

If a cyborg is constantly getting in your way like this and won't quit, it would be best to try and contact the AI first. If the AI doesn't care/ tries to get the borg to stop but they refuse, inform the RD, inform the captain, whoever, and then remove the power cell. Make sure you're communicating your actions with the AI, bare minimum, or you'll have a very angry synthetic overlord and security team busting down your door, and your day just went from 'bad' to 'I'm going to fucking stab someone'.

Alternatively, you can tell them to knock it off for a bit, and if they're on crewsimov and they still persist, adminhelp it. When I roll borg and upgrades aren't available, I wander away and do other things for a bit, while occasionally checking in. Borgs are still capable of doing their selected module without upgrades for a bit.

Edited by Spacemanspark

Honestly just ignore them until you get around to it. Best thing to do is always have uranium and a stockpile of metal on hand since that’s all that’s needed for VTEC. If a borg continues bugging you for other shit than VTEC than they don’t deserve it because none of the other upgrades are needed for any borg module except maybe miner.

15 hours ago, Butlerblock said:

Honestly just ignore them until you get around to it. Best thing to do is always have uranium and a stockpile of metal on hand since that’s all that’s needed for VTEC. If a borg continues bugging you for other shit than VTEC than they don’t deserve it because none of the other upgrades are needed for any borg module except maybe miner.

for a service borg ION thrusters could be vital, as they have no equipment that would allow them to change direction of drift. So if service borgs accidently gets spaced he is boned for life.

But otherwise, complains with the AI seems like a highroad for a lowroad problem. Feels like an issue to work out with individual units. 

Sure, asking is a good way to start.

1 hour ago, procdrone said:

But otherwise, complains with the AI seems like a highroad for a lowroad problem. Feels like an issue to work out with individual units. 

Sure, asking is a good way to start.

The AI controls the borgs, so it would make sense you would go to the AI if the individual borg isn't listening in the first place, yeah? Cutting power to a borg without trying to talk to the AI and handle the issue is extreme, or 'highroad' as you put it, whereas trying to talk out the issue with the AI is the easier, simpler solution. It's about on the same level as telling an AI to open a door. One method puts a player out of the round, as well, even if only temporary. If the AI can get them to shut up and fuck off, the situation is handled far better than just cutting off the borg's power and, again, likely having an angry AI and security busting down your door. Because that's what's going to happen... or the AI is going to try and talk to you anyways, if they're feeling nice. You might as well.

Edited by Spacemanspark

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use