Space Law Parole Change

Kyet

Agreed. I can easily see this being used, for example, on the poor newbie traitor that was caught 15 minutes in trying to buy things in maint, who won't be a huge threat without any TC.

There's definitely players that could still be a huge threat without any items, with a tracking and a chem implant. But uh, I have a feeling they'll make so much trouble for sec during arrest that they won't get paroled in the first place.

• Like 2

Definitely agree to add this, for Rurik's and Eler's reasons specifically. I see no reason you shouldn't be allowed to parole in such situations at all, and I'm quite sure that the Magistrate/whoever can easily gauge who they should and shouldn't parole in most situations. (I.E Compliant/generally well behaved vs violent and un-co-operative)

• Like 1

I like this, from personal experience, my prime fear while playing antag is not "Oh no i can't complete my objective" its "Oh no, if i'm caught the rounds over for me more or less"

I don't really like going the route of a overtly violent antag except in ones where its kind of required "Changeling", so my attempts are never overtly violent, and the thought that "Ah crap i got caught, but i didnt do anything really all that bad that they can see, i could get parole if i cooperate." Makes the fear of round ending prison just for being caught with a syndie radio key, or a Chameleon Projector pretending to be a cigarette to sneak around, less "All consuming"

• 3 weeks later...

I have a suggestion regarding this idea. Perhaps make a way to put a permanent collar device on someone which will gib their head and destroy their brain in the event that it is activated. The device could be a jumpsuit that has the item built into it or just a jump suit accessory if that is something that is capable of being coded while still being able to have interactions with.

It will share the same concept as a tracking and chemical implant but will be more secure due to the idea of the person being both containable and can avoid having the item in question removed from their person without more assistance than "Hey can you just take this off of me." that the lockable muzzles have. This is a great thing because of methods like Exile and chemical implants being removable through surgery that almost anyone can do surgery to remove an implant with just standard tools from a toolbox. Perhaps the collar could be removable by another person with an item like a circular saw and could have a tamper mechanism if the proper tools (Some kind of key the warden would have.) weren't used to remove it.

The tampering Mechanism could have a self activate function that has a percentage based chance to activate a timer that would cause the device to explode when it reaches zero. This makes it so that the item is not something someone can power game through with knowledge of how it works (like someone stopping a syndi-bomb by having knowledge of how the wiring acts to a multitool prior to seeing the bomb) and wouldn't have a one hundred percent chance of getting off of them such as surgery does with the exile and chemical implants.

In the event the device goes off, there could be a message to security communications saying where the device had been triggered and destroyed. This would prompt security to either look for a corpse or the device that is now missing. It's a blessing and a curse for the antag because security knows they are either dead or still at large. I believe this gives security enough of a leash on the person to keep them from doing bad while giving the antag enough lenience to be able to continue their shift rather than sit in a perma cell for an hour because they got random searched while walking down the hall.

"Murderer, Tyrant, Traitor, Today you go free. But as you will soon learn, even freedom has a price."

"You carry your prison with you, that armor collar will be your new cell."

Edited by Greey
Had to add stupid starcraft 2 quotes because memes.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the idea but i am not sure if it would be implemented well by the players.

It would take a wile for this to be normalized and done commonly but does sound like an imporvement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use