Need SoP update-

Kozack

17 minutes ago, Krossarn said:

How about a third option. Not making the holy water poisonous or changing anything major in SoP.

But simply add another step to the processing of a suspicious cultist. 
Body scanners can detect implants, borers and stuff like that, right? What about detecting if the patient is brainwashed by some cult?

Just a thought.

The problem isn't with testing for cultists, there's ways for that already. The problem is wrongful tests. I don't see how adding more tests is going to solve that.

11 hours ago, EmilyFontaine said:

The problem isn't with testing for cultists, there's ways for that already. The problem is wrongful tests. I don't see how adding more tests is going to solve that.

If a Security player have to choose between a test that require a second party, aka the Chaplain that is off doing their own stuff, to do the test for them. Or a test that they can do themselves and takes around 60 seconds. They will most likely do the latter. 

If we had a option, like the body scanner that the brig phys often get installed, to scan the suspect I believe the Security player would choose to that before chugging 40 units of holy water down the, (mabye) not confirmed, cultist throat.

And thus eliminating (some) wrongful testing.

This might make the Security processing in a Cult round a bit too easy though.

2 hours ago, Kozack said:

it's about testing with no evidence, not wrongful testing

You shouldn't need evidence to test someone. If they're acting suspicious enough on a cult round, that should be reason enough to test them. It's not really any different whatsoever than people randomly searching someone for syndies. Not saying to test everyone for every little thing, but if they're acting suspicious as hell and cult is already active and etc...then? I see no harm in it.

This thread honestly sort of seems like an 'I ded' moment, to me.

1 minute ago, Kozack said:

Suspicion isn't guilt, that's what the monitor tag is for. Evidence is guilt.

That's not how cult rounds work, not even in the slightest. That's why it's called a cult test. And you don't set people to monitor if you want to search them either, and given you can't always just search a cultist testing overly suspicious persons is extremely valid.

If you don't want to get caught and tested, don't act overtly suspicious during a cult round with a confirmed cult.

27 minutes ago, Mitchs98 said:

That's not how cult rounds work, not even in the slightest. That's why it's called a cult test. And you don't set people to monitor if you want to search them either, and given you can't always just search a cultist testing overly suspicious persons is extremely valid.

If you don't want to get caught and tested, don't act overtly suspicious during a cult round with a confirmed cult.

You saying that just made my point. The double standard needs fixed.

5 hours ago, Kozack said:

it's about testing with no evidence, not wrongful testing

That's what wrongful testing is.

2 hours ago, Mitchs98 said:

This thread honestly sort of seems like an 'I ded' moment, to me.

I agree. There's been a lot of interesting points brought up here, but I feel like the thread has derailed at this point. I'd like to maybe see an SOP change, but to be honest, as a sec main, I don't really see this problem occur often enough. Wrongful testing is a symptom of shitsec, and from what I've seen lately, they don't last long. The admins have been doing a good job of cracking down on them. That's not to say that the better variety of sec doesn't make mistakes, but if an overly suspicious crew member get deconverted by sec, then who's really making the mistakes?

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use