Traitor on the bridge

Nazsgull

Name of Event: Traitor on the bridge

One Sentence Description: Captain, who is a traitor, receives a message from the Syndicate marking defective personnel for assasination and Head of Security also receives those targets but from Central Command and ordering him to protect them.

Map Changes: No

Will this work with the standard NSS Cyberiad map. Yes

Code Changes: No

Will this work with the standard Paracode base? Yes

Suggested Number of Players: High population

What type of population level would this be best for? Any will do

Full Description of Event:

Captain gets converted to Traitor (yes, he gets un-mindshielded), with only objectives "Assasinate the targets and prevent them from escaping onboard the shuttle or any emergency pod.". Targets are delivered to him by a single fax stamped with syndicate mark. At the same time, Head of Security gets a fax from Central Command informing him of who those targets are and ordering him to protect them. Targets should be one from each department, to make everyone part of the event. No real traitors should be made aside of the captain. 

Edited by Nazsgull
Solving incoherence.

18 hours ago, Veterankyl said:

If the captain gets his mind-shield removed, that'll be an immediate red flag for anyone that walks by with sec HUDs on.

Oof I did not recall that...

Few things here;

Mindshield implant != loyalty implant. Mindshield implants only prevent brainwashing, nothing more. 

Secondly, this is worryingly similar to an entire gamemode we gutted out of the code called Mutiny. It worked almost exactly like what you've just described. 

I won't sugarcoat it... it never ended well. It often ended like revolution rounds, team deathmatch. 

So it may work removing the loyalty implant? (or adding a Syndicate one). In any case if the gamemode was not worth it then this idea may not be good after all...

We don't have loyalty implants. No reason to really remove the mindshield the captain has. 

And don't get me wrong, the concept is interesting... I'm merely telling you how it usually plays out. 

19 hours ago, Spacemanspark said:

Few things here;

Mindshield implant != loyalty implant. Mindshield implants only prevent brainwashing, nothing more. 

Secondly, this is worryingly similar to an entire gamemode we gutted out of the code called Mutiny. It worked almost exactly like what you've just described. 

I won't sugarcoat it... it never ended well. It often ended like revolution rounds, team deathmatch. 

Isn't there already plenty of gamemodes that are just straight up fighting? Wizards and Nuclear ops for instance are just team deathmatches, just that the teams are asymmetrical.

This event just seems pretty similar but without an immediate violent solution for the captain. Since security holds all the weapons and they are the ones standing directly opposed to the captain, it seems like a very risky play to start outright fighting.

I think it would be cool to try. Mix it in with some regular traitors and you got a pretty interesting gamemode.

1 hour ago, Maxfromsweden said:

Isn't there already plenty of gamemodes that are just straight up fighting? Wizards and Nuclear ops for instance are just team deathmatches, just that the teams are asymmetrical.

These modes are meant to be that way, and designed around it. As is, there's often still debate over whether they're good game modes that suit Paradise, but they're at least relatively enjoyable from a gameplay perspective. The lines aren't blurred on what you can and cannot do, there are no restrictions or worries of validhunting, and since roleplay isn't a strict requirement to make the mode work it generally goes by fairly smoothly as far as gameplay goes. 

Mutiny was not designed to be combat oriented as a priority. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use