Spacemanspark complaint

FluX77

Admin(s) Key: spacemanspark
Your ckey (Byond username): FluX7
Your Discord name (if applicable): Rick Harrison#4158

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 9:30 PM

Nature of complaint: Misconduct, Abuse of Powers

Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: N/A

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Sina'o'srikill was an antag and was in an bolted room near the brig with an AI Upload Console inside it. Was uploading ion laws. I ended up dying due to one of these ion laws. The only admin on at that time spacemanspark used the CC announcment to tell Security that the Upload is near the brig. Sec couldn't find it. The admin announced it again over CC. Deadchat started all talking about how it's unfair. Deadchat got mutetd.

Full description of events: I joined in as QM and went to my office and immediately got killed and spaced by a borg. Turns out there was an antag with a AI Upload Console hidden in the area with the griffin action figure and boltable doors. The antag started uploading ion laws such as: "Kill the QM, destroy all your borgs and interfere with security, announce that Captain and Blueshield are lings". These where the 3 different laws I saw get uploaded during the timespan I was on, which was about 20 minutes. The admin used the CC announcment, under A.L.I.C.E, to announce there's a AI Upload Console located near the brig. There really is only one place which is hidden near the brig and basically gave away the antags position. ~5 minutes pass and security still haven't found the Upload. They even walked past the door which was bolted down (with the bolt lights still on) and just refused to investigate what was behind the door. Then another CC Announcment came reminding the security that the console was in the brig maint and should be searched more thoroughly. Deadchat started voicing their opinion on this matter saying such things as; "I really hate when admins interfere with the round this way", "this is adminbus but in a bad way" etc. Deadchat ended up getting muted leaving myself and everyone else to just blankly stare at the screen. It was a really fun deadchat too because we were following this extremely robust antag arounnd. In my opinion just like when admins do custom RP events like SolFed and deadchat talks about how cool it is, it should be completely understandable that deadchat can also criticize what an admin does especially when it affects the flow of the round.

I'm very, very peeved with how the round went, so I'll merely give a brief explanation. I've already told a head admin the events that unfolded.

The traitor in question was not uploading laws to merely hinder security, but to murderbone the entirety of them. As a non hijack antagonist. Had the antagonist had hijack or had a proper reason to do this, there would have been no problem whatsoever, but as it was this was actually a breach of server rules.

Even once they toned down the laws to be less destructive, however, the law spam was immense. The AI cannot and should not have to put up with law spam from both an antagonist and command crew as they go back and forth on a tug of war scenario. Two announcements (the second one only being made after security didn't go to actually look around) were made with the threat of imposing consequences were the situation not resolved. Had the upload not been found after both announcements, I had plans to wipe the AIs laws, remove the consoles and give the AI several ion laws. I did not give the explicit location of the upload, and while you might be able to argue it would be easy enough to find, it would have been trivial for the antag to pack up and leave. I did not expect the engineering team to go searching for them. It was unfortunate and somewhat frowned upon for them to do so, but given the circumstances I gave them some leeway. As it was, the antagonist promptly wandered out and suffered little consequence from even being discovered. I wouldn't consider this an 'event', either, moreso an IC way of trying to resolve an OOC issue at hand.

In addition, at the time I was the sole administrator online (I hadn't even noticed until the situation began) and had several tickets about other situations piling up. The situation, while there might have been a better way of resolution, was ultimately chaotic and not easily handled on my own. For context, there were over twelve tickets I was attempting to handle all on my own at that given moment. I am not a magical pixie horse that can wave a magic wand and make things happen instantly and perfectly. Deadchat was muted not out of fear of criticism (I often welcome criticism when it's well thought out and helpful), but because the sheer toxicity and spam it was giving off wasn't helping matters while I was trying to do my job as an administrator, both with that situation and the others I was trying to look into.

Edited by Spacemanspark
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spacemanspark said:

In addition, at the time I was the sole administrator online (I hadn't even noticed until the situation began) and had several tickets about other situations piling up. The situation, while there might have been a better way of resolution, was ultimately chaotic and not easily handled on my own. For context, there were over twelve tickets I was attempting to handle all on my own at that given moment. I am not a magical pixie horse that can wave a magic wand and make things happen instantly and perfectly. Deadchat was muted not out of fear of criticism (I often welcome criticism when it's well thought out and helpful), but because the sheer toxicity and spam it was giving off wasn't helping matters while I was trying to do my job as an administrator, both with that situation and the others I was trying to look into.

I don't know if I should be replying but after reading this bit I wouldn't of complained if I knew this. Must of been overwhelming to deal with all that alone. The complaint was mostly directed about the deadchat getting muted, which at the time seemed like you did it because you didn't want people criticizing your decision. But I was obviously mistaken. Thanks for taking time out of your day for this.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use