Thoughts on Genetics and Body Alteration

Veterankyl

So this is more of a shower thoughts kind of topic, but one I want to hear other people's input on. So lets start with where this all stems from. Genetics. In game, genetics is a powerful tool that not only allows a person to unlock hidden and powerful genes, but also drastically modify your character's body. Everything that can be edited in the character creator can be changed in game via genetics. You're even able to have your gender changed. Which brings me to my first shower thought.

Much like how we have plastic surgery in the modern age, people in the SS13 universe could pay money to have their appearance altered via genetics.

Although it'd likely be very expensive, there is the added benefit of, with it being a genetic alteration, it's now your natural appearance. There's no surgery required, and all you might need is some mutadone in case any disabilities pop up. And these alterations can also extend to a person's species. Through the use of Stable Mutagen or brain transplants, a person can become an entirely different species. Slap on some genetic alterations, and you can become the humanoid creature of your dreams.

However, the easy use of this technology also has a drawback. Or a major benefit. It's possible to make a body double of someone using their DNA.

This would likely be a very powerful weapon used for things like infiltration, or for protecting VIPs by having someone else pose as them. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there are actual impostors among the Nanotrasen ranks that were murdered and then had a person that is an exact copy of them take their place. 

So what I'm wondering is how reasonable/possible the above scenarios might be. Could a person, if they had the money, have their species and appearance customized? Is your coworker dead and replaced by a syndicate impostor?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use