Name Review (Mr. Phresh)

MisterNappy

Byond Key: Jokey365

IC Name for Review: Funk E. Phresh

Race: Human

Is this a Mime or Clown Job Name?: It is not.

Reason/Backstory: I had a civilized chat with one of the admins about my in game name. While I completely understand why it was deemed inappropriate, I've been using the name for about a week or two straight now and I've grown attached. Not just to the name, but to the character that was built up using the name as a base. I'll admit, at first when I joined to begin playing again, the name was meant to be a joke, 100%. As I've played, though, Funk has turned into a genuine character with speech quirks, likes and dislikes that I have a blast playing as. I don't make the name the soul focal point of the character and base everything on that - if I did, he would be a Michael Jackson parody who constantly dances and feels no emotion other than pure bliss. While a name change seems like a small thing, the original name acted as my first step back into SS13, and I've fallen in love with the game all over again. It's dorky and sentimental, but hey.

Also, I was never messaged by an admin about the name until I sent in an adminhelp about something myself, first. I feel like if the name can fly with no issue for at least a week straight, it should be cool.

Regardless, I understand if my request to keep the name is denied, but I would be extremely grateful if I am allowed to remain Funk E. I promise in exchange, I'll make all of my traitor rounds interesting for the station, rather than exclusively doing objectives.

Thanks a bunch.

This is the sort of silly/joke name that would be appropriate for a clown.
As a regular human though? I don't think its appropriate.
I think you should aim for something more realistic/normal. Not a joke name.
If you really want to keep the reference, at least use a normal first name, and make the 'Funky' part a nickname, like this:
Joe 'Funky' Phresh
So, your actual name is 'Joe Phresh' and the 'funky' bit in quotes in the middle is a nickname.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use