Things the new generation of Paradise players won't be able to experience/dread

NTSAM

I love to bring up Shittingston's and embedding a lot in the discord but I figured we might as well compile a big list of these old nostalgic/godawful features from forgotten times for shits and giggles. Lemme begin.

- The accursed science outpost and xenoarch

- Tiny-ass brig

- AI core being right in the center of the station

- Object embedding and shrapnel

- Meteor rounds, Alien gamemode

- Bulma Briefs

- Dorms having barracks

- Glass bones

- Kingston's and Shittingston's

- Telescience

- Male AI voicebox

- Purple and yellow-themed mining

- Vox having random names forced on

- Telecomms being on a whole new Z-level

- Ah, shit, how could I forget the supermatter engine being so robust it could destroy all of the station except the very fringes of the chapel?

Edited by NTSAM
  • Like 1
  • fastparrot 2

-Cargo used to be massive. 

-Atmos used to be explosive. Breaches would cause you to be violently sucked towards them. 

-There used to be two additional jobs, known as NT recruiter and Customs Officer. The first was in an office near arrivals, and was meant to try and hire civilians on station. The second was basically Papers Please, with an xray machine that everyone jumped through to skip the line and get irradiated. 

-You used to be able to knock off people's headwear with disarm mode. In addition, disarm intent didn't push people over. 

-You used to have to pull someone into an aggressive grab before you could handcuff them. 

-There was once only a single gateway mission, and it was custom made for Paradise; a giant snow covered planet where the clowns and mimes had a giant war on.

-The gateway was located right next to arrivals, and allowed anybody to access it. 

-RnD used to be able to make something called 'power armor', which was an overpowered spacesuit that, when powered with a cell, offered heavy damage protection (more than most other things in the game) and meth-like speed. 

-On the note of RnD, lockboxes were once not a thing. Just think about that for a bit. 

-Telescience used to be a sub-department science had. 

-The maintenance area north of botany and the library used to be a massive disco room. 

Edited by Spacemanspark
  • explodyparrot 1

1 hour ago, McRamon said:

this

Без названия (2).jpg

Doesnt count, was never paracode

However I will add that we used to have 17x17 viewports, which scaled horribly on pretty much every display ever.

37 minutes ago, AffectedArc07 said:

However I will add that we used to have 17x17 viewports, which scaled horribly on pretty much every display ever.

It was also a very beloved minor touch at the time, too. 

Hrm... actually, I have shit tier YouTube videos I made during ye olde days of Paradise that I can probably dig up and post here lmao

9 hours ago, NTSAM said:

- Kingston's and Shittingston's

Kingston was resurrected, though admin only, but that means new players can dread it. The other part, good riddance i would say.

And two things that always come up, and i'm a bit surprised it wasn't named already: Vox leap and naked slime ventcrawling.

Superfarts are also gone, and i think with it, fart-based propulsion in space.

8 hours ago, AffectedArc07 said:

Doesnt count, was never paracode

Well i havnt seen that in game myself. But i just summarised all the sprites that were changed.

• 1 month later...

I'm very surprised nobody has mentioned... 

-IPCs used to be even weaker than they were now. The posibrain was stored inside the head, meaning a single arm blade to the face was generally enough to destroy them, as the head popped off like a Lego. On the topic of IPC death, regardless of how much damage had been taken, if you died... all of your limbs popped off your body. Every last one of them. You needed those limbs to be placed back on to be revived at all. 

You want fun? IPCs show you fun. 

God I'm just remembering those old ORs at the bottom of medical that existed when I first started playing on Paradise.

That and the change to chemistry since I recall a bug that was there at the time where you couldn't reach the welding tank or something. 

I don't think ANYONE should have to experience those. 

52 minutes ago, Rebel0 said:

That and the change to chemistry since I recall a bug that was there at the time where you couldn't reach the welding tank or something. 

It just also sucked that chemistry essentially felt like it was in a closet with so little space that if you had two chemists in there you felt like you would run out of oxygen XD

Hmmm lets think about this...

• SR reviving people perfectly healthy as long as they are below the damage threshold.
  • Bullets leaving shrapnel inside of people.
  • Fat human sprites

To be fair, i like the idea of bullets leaving shrapnel in people.

Would give a purpose to the whole "Engraving your bullets" feature, you pull out the bullet, and it has written on it "IT WAS ME! ALLLL ALONG! MEEEEEEE!"

1 hour ago, BlackDog said:

To be fair, i like the idea of bullets leaving shrapnel in people.

Would give a purpose to the whole "Engraving your bullets" feature, you pull out the bullet, and it has written on it "IT WAS ME! ALLLL ALONG! MEEEEEEE!"

If I recall correctly, when the shrapnel was removed during surgery it said to the surgeon what caliber bullet it was or it might have even told them what kind of gun it came from. I am not exactly sure which one it was, but it told the surgeon one of those.

• Plasmamen and Vox being inherently spaceproof.
  • Vox raiders, the gamemode.
  • Mutiny, the gamemode.
  • Shadowling enthrallment being entirely undetectable and irreversible.
  • Shadowling thralls having their own glare ability with a lengthy stun duration.
  • Changelings having a paralysis sting and needing to use proboscis absorption to get genomes.
  • Gamma armory was attached to the station by default (albeit heavily fortified) so the crew could theoretically hack their way in and loot it outside of a Code Gamma situation.
  • The old Bay chemistry system, emphasizing fictional chemicals like Tricordrazine.
  • Xenobiology before the slime management console turned it into a snorefest.
  • Not being able to get infinite liquid plasma from the chemical dispensers, therefore making xenobio actually relevant since certain slime species could be used as an alternate source of plasma and plasteel.
  • Malfunctioning AI being its own gamemode.
  • The AI core being located where the gravity generator is located now.
  • The numerous different AI satellite layouts that were used before we settled on the current one.
  • Grenade launchers in the security armory
  • The Nuke Ops getting Syndicate softsuits and Cr-20's by default instead of hardsuits and bulldog shotguns.
  • Characters having a chance of getting appendicitis at random, requiring surgery.
  • Mindshield implants being "Loyalty Implants" that mandated absolute loyalty to NanoTrasen.
  • Donuts used to be significantly more effective at healing.
  • Being able to fax CentComm from any fax machine as any head of command.
  • Giant Spider NPCs being able to kill with a single bite due to how venom worked.
  • Being able to hide the nuke disk inside of a character's chest cavity using surgery.
On 7/31/2020 at 11:10 AM, PacifistDalek said:

I cant remember if this was paradise or yogstation, but peacekeeper Borgs

HUMAN HARM

Yes, we did have those for a short period of time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use