Questions on healing chemical mixes and best units

CPTCoffee

I'm trying to make some better mixes for the chem fridge. I have some questions about what the better cryo mix is and some debate about more effective units of medicine.

So for the cryo mix I've been using a 50 unit beaker with 40 cryox, 5 ephedrine, 5 mito. Should there be different drugs I should be including?
For saline glucose solution, would it be better to stock bottles or 10U pills?
Oculine: pill or bottle form?

I've seen those brute/burn auto mender refills. Are those just 50 units of stympic/silver in bottle form?

Your cryo mix looking okay!
saline is easy to get in vending machines in bottles so if someone found use for it i guess it could be in pills but i don't know if only 10 units is worth the effort.

Occuline in bottles is okay, no need for large units of it since rarely people have large amount of damage since it gets annoying pretty fast.

I've seen those brute/burn auto mender refills. Are those just 50 units of stympic/silver in bottle form?

Yup but You can also put synthflesh in them 😛

3 hours ago, CPTCoffee said:

I've been using a 50 unit beaker with 40 cryox, 5 ephedrine, 5 mito.

Cryotube mechanics are interesting, they inject chemicals about once every 34 seconds, and inject a total of 10 units split among the ratio of chemicals in the container, so for example the cryoxadone accounts for 0.8 parts of the whole container, so the cryo tube would inject 8 units of cryoxadone into the patient. Now, cryoxadone has a metabolism rate of 0.4 units per cycle (a chemical cycle being around 2 seconds), so by the power of maths this means that you'd have 1.2 units of excess cryoxadone in the patient by 34 seconds which means you could lower the ratio of cryoxadone in your mix. This isn't much but considering the other chemicals in the mix, only 1 unit of each would be injected every 34 seconds which isn't really long enough to do anything useful.
Personally, I'd pick epinephrine over ephedrine due to the fact it has a lower metabolism rate, no addiction chance, is better at healing oxygen damage, and will help people with cardiac failure. I may also put some perfluorodecalin in the mix too sometimes, only downside would be the addiction chance in this case. I find mito to be overrated in cryo mixes, and is probably better replaced by something that'll just heal external damage instead. My reason for this is that not many people are going to have so much organ damage that it's going to cause them to be unstable and actually kill them. In the case of a heart attack, epinephrine will help prevent that in the first place and therefore prevent the oncoming brain damage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use