Ticket machine needs Hop line removed for it to work!

henri215

Glory to Arstotzka, this is your paperwork Hop speaking, crews still wasting time waiting in line while theres ticket system around! Remove the line, leave only the Hop desk and ticket machine (with over comms number warning)  and maybe people would take a ticket, eat a burger, and only come back when their number is called.

• Like 3

It does seem kind of moot yea to have a line, and tickets. They just take a ticket, wait in line, and auto get called every single time currently.

The ticket already vibrates to inform its holder its being called, so allowing people to take a ticket, walk off and have a guaranteed slot of time with the hop decreases congestion and the idea that you need to rush rush rush, go go go, at all times.

Slow down, take a ticket, get your time, and enjoy.

Perhaps also make the ticket play a sound to its holder like "doo doooo doo doooooo: Your number has been called" on top of the vibrating ticket text so long as its in their inventory somewhere

Edited by BlackDog
  • fastparrot 1

I'd rather we just remove the ticket machine.
A simple line is faster, easier and clearer.
The last thing we need is more pointless paperwork.

The only thing i know is that ticket machine + Line creates chaos, almost every time when the person with right ticket arrives forces me to call over other people to move so he can take his spot

Personally i prefer a ticket over a line, why wait in line for a possible chance at seeing the HOP, and should you ever need to leave for whatever reason, you loose your chance , when you can take a ticket for a guaranteed spot when your number comes up.

People get mad when the line takes to long because the hop needs to spend some extra time on someone, because they know if they leave the line, they loose their spot. Tickets remove this worry.

Edited by BlackDog
  • Like 2

See, the secret is to totally ignore the ticket machine and work with the line!

Alternatively, remap the entire area so there's a waiting room/lounge rather than a line.

IMHO:

1. If the HOP is at their desk, they should be getting through their line fast enough that tickets / a waiting room are pointless.
  2. If the HOP is not at their desk, then radio/PDA them. If they respond and come, then you don't need a ticket (since you're probably the only person there). If they don't respond, a ticket won't help you.
  3. So, either way, tickets / waiting rooms are pointless.

If a HOP is being slow deliberately (e.g: by insisting on stamped paperwork) then adding a ticket machine doesn't fix the problem. In fact, it makes the problem worse, because now the HOP has an additional way to waste your time and be even slower than they were before.

Ticket machines / waiting rooms actually encourage the HOP to be slow. They normalize it and reward it.

• Like 1

Using the ticket machine today, i still prefer it over a regular line.

c570367ff19f1446ac7d1edc31dfd3bb.png

We made more chairs so it had a bit of a waiting room, people took their tickets, those who wanted to wait, waited, those who didn't left and came back when it vibrated.

The extra chairs made the whole thing run alot smoother, and people took to tickets far easier than I had expected, even those who cut without realizing the tickets were in play, politely conceded to the one who had the ticket I called out for.

No line bum rushing, no mass panic to be the first in line, if you had the ticket, you had your time for however long it took to resolve your issue.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Kyet said:

A simple line is faster, easier and clearer.
The last thing we need is more pointless paperwork.

B-But muh bureaucracy.

I like the idea of the ticket machine and the sort of 'take-and-wait' policy they bring. It gives the HoP more time to give out more useless paperwork talk with whoever's at the desk instead of feeling rushed constantly.

Edited by Corocan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackDog said:

Using the ticket machine today, i still prefer it over a regular line.

c570367ff19f1446ac7d1edc31dfd3bb.png

We made more chairs so it had a bit of a waiting room, people took their tickets, those who wanted to wait, waited, those who didn't left and came back when it vibrated.

The extra chairs made the whole thing run alot smoother, and people took to tickets far easier than I had expected, even those who cut without realizing the tickets were in play, politely conceded to the one who had the ticket I called out for.

No line bum rushing, no mass panic to be the first in line, if you had the ticket, you had your time for however long it took to resolve your issue.

Loved your room, will try that later with more chairs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use