Employee Record: Jim Tate

Welcome, authorised personnel, please select a file.

JIM TATE, NSS CYBERIAD

Loading file…

Biography:

Jim Tate started off in humble beginnings, in the rural outskirts of Earth, Northern Ireland. His hometown wasn’t particularly fancy or anywhere near the cityscape, though Jim could not complain. His parents, two bright entrepreneurs, owned a modest company in the region supplying BioTech solutions. And for some time, Jim even had an accompanying grandfather whom he loved dearly. Life was well. 

The grandfather, also from the entrepreneurial roots, was now retired, wasting his hours in his workshop. Jim was fond of that place. He could stare with ardent interest on his grandfather messing with machines and the sort. Eventually, Jim got the gist of the thing too. That childhood curiosity sparked an interest that would last a lifetime. 

Years passed, life was not so exciting any longer, but instead became more and more routine. Jim could not tolerate living such a petty life. He started to gaze outwards. In this period of teenage rebelhood, Jim befriended an amazing friend, Eamon. They did everything together. They had the same ardent passions. The two could’ve fallen off a cliff to save the other. Jim considered him a brother.

Once they reached adulthood, Jim and Eamon finally set foot in the real world. Although they were rurals, they were still in TSF lands. They both agreed it would be ideal to fulfil their military service early on, and thus get full citizenship before entering some form of workforce. However the plan changed when their jaws dropped from excitement. They drafted into the marine engineers - It was everything a bored, engineer wannabe rural could’ve ever hoped for. 

So instead they stuck around with the TSF marines, climbing the ranks, performing ever more fierce missions. It reached a point of them being in the CX5-Battalion, one of the highly prestigious divisions. 

Requesting military records from SolGov database.

Connection established.

Printing record…

Spoiler

JIM TATE, SERGEANT FIRST CLASS [DISCHARGED], CX5 BATTALION

TIMELINE OF DUTIES:

• Finished Education, Transferred to HS10
  • Noticeable Actions in HS10
    • Boarded 4 Smuggling Frigates
    • Saved Captain with make-shift hospital stroller
    • Received Home Security Distinguished Service Medal
  • Transferred to CX5
  • Noticeable Actions in CX5;
    • Assasination mission on rogue USSP Officer
    • Boarded 1 rogue USSP corvette
    • Boarded 1 converted rogue USSP starliner
    • Raid on USSP-SASHA [FAILED]

REASON OF DISCHARGE:

• Willingly retires after CORPORAL, EAMON MURPHY permanently succumbed at raid on USSP-SASHA

Requesting interview records, please select a file.

INTERVIEW - 03/04/2508

Printing transcript…

Spoiler

INTERVIEW - 05/04/2508

Interviewer: NAOMI MEYER, NMS Legoslov Head of Personnel

Interviewee: JIM TATE

TRANSCRIPT - **SKIPPED TO 0:40**:

I don’t think you understand the position your in, Mr. Tate. Your family business has been cut down after BioTech got attacked by Cybersun goons. You're trying to find work after what happened at Sasha. We know why you’re here… so for the record, what happened at USSP Sasha?
You hear fingers drumming on the table and Tate exhaling

You know… I thought I was really doin’ somethin’ adventurous. After years of service I just couldn’t see the entire picture I suppose. I’ve been bloody riskin’ my life on a daily basis… god. I had luck for a while until that day. We infiltrated the station’s shafts, making our way to the engine room. All went fine and dandy until deafenin’ sounds of grenades run through my ear and I… noticed Eamon unconscious, all red with blood. I just 'em... panicked! I tried to rescue him but, as you can see, it only ended with a prosthetic.

You hear mechanical switches as Tate shows his Bishop Cybernetic arm

Doesn’t SolGov offer cloning technology for downed personnel?

So they said, but the arsewipes in white cloaks messed something up. DNA calculator or somethin’ sciency acted the maggot. They do those sorts of things all the time and.. now it’s broken?! I- Pardon, I just can’t believe it…

It’s alright, Mr. Tate. We can offer a therapist if you so request. I think we’re done for today.

Jim Tate has been loyal to Nanotrasen from the start and is grateful for the life change. It’s been years since his employment at NMS Legoslov and he is now transferred to NSS Cyberiad. Over the years he’s befriended many and has become quite a regular. He has made peace with his past but reportedly still carries a picture of his best friend.

– END FILE –

Spoiler

ADDENDUM: CHIEF ENGINEER NOTES

If you ever see an old tea addict that calls you a youngster, even if you’re an adult, well, you now know who it is. Tate always lifts up the mood in our department. Heck, last week during an SM malfunction he screamed “Oho! What’s up with the mood youngsters, time for marshmallows!”... that nutcase sure can make any situation a bit more enjoyable.

It’s heartbreaking his status in Nanotrasen is reduced to EMERITUS ENGINEER but happy times always have an end. If you’re lucky to meet with this old grandpa, be sure to ask for a tea party… always a blast.

His last request was for me to ask command to remove MICHAEL BOVINE‘s security records, which are… twenty-three pages. And secondly to increase the budget on AUTUMN AGGLEY‘s library fund. Have a “Oho! Jolly time!”, my friend.

Edited by Starmarine3355
Although I don't play as much SS13 as I used to, figured I could do some last polishing on my favourite character. Oho! Have a fine read!
  • Like 3

Will make this post have all related art of Jim Tate. Enjoy!

Jim.thumb.png.db3a701f73cb7312498230c9a9049d51.png

Tea addict rockin' in a bowler hat

BishopProsthetic.thumb.png.3c19705273cd6190dc199222e813943f.png

Bishop Cybernetic Arm

TateTheStickman.png

Contribution to the "Draw your stickman" challenge

Edited by Starmarine3355
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use