Add head and/or torso prosthetics/augments at character creation

Medcar

Since we have the ability to have 4 prosthetic limbs, and cybernetic organs at character creation, why not have the head and/or torso prosthetics/augments too?

Edited by Medcar

Kind of, though it is possible do to ingame via augmenting someones body with IPC parts.

Why one would do this, im still unsure, as one unlucky fellow had a 100% augmented body, and thus no one could give them life saving medicine via injections, patches or anything not nanopaste.

Overall, if there's no mechanical advantage to having augmented parts, would be a neat character bit for some people to be able to do.

Yeah. But augmenting has benefits. So for this to be ok round start it'd probably need to be purely aesthetic. And at that point you kinda just should play IPC. Get what I mean?

I do, though curious: What benifits besides the robotic asthetic does getting augmented ingame give?

Ive never been clear on that and only seen a handful of people do it.

If memory serves makes them take less damage and makes them easier to repair. Welder and cable like prosthetics as opposed to meds and the like. I've never had it done to myself because IPC main but that's more or less what I heard from people who I'd do it to back when I did a lot of robotics. Though that info might be out of date.

Robotic limbs that aren't attached to IPCs cause you to take about 50% less damage to said limb IIRC.

While it might be amusing to allow roundstart head and chest modifications, it likely would be a bit much. 

Although it does mean we'd technically have baystation's FBPs. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use