issue with trial admin not upholding rules (reuploaded as i made a typo)

Nyarko

PostID: 53c1

Posted 30 minutes ago

admin key: marginalblorb

my c key: NyarkoNyarlathotep

date/time: 22/06-1:10am

I was assigned [[WITHOUT]] permission a helper in the kitchen who didn't listen when I tried to reach hop twice no reply I called sec nothing came of it

I made a complaint in "admin help" and was told its an ic issue, and to "man it up"

but the rules state:

"Choosing to play as a VIP (such as the Nanotrasen Representative), Head of Staff (such as Chief Medical Officer), or the station AI means you will be expected to play to a higher standard of roleplay, seriousness and competence. You may be Jobbaned from Command if you fail to meet these standards, or if you ignore your duties;"

so id like to make a complaint about the admin not enforcing the rule.

there we go fixed the issue 

also im fully aware theres reasons why people don't respond to hails on the comms my arguments not about that, feel free to "auto resolve" this one tho since you think im petty

• Salt 1

This is an IC issue. The HoP is allowed to assign extra staff to the kitchen. If you have an issue with this, you can bring it up in IC means - to the NT Rep, to the Captain, or to the HoP directly.

It is not the admins job to interfere here. Again, this is an IC issue. The HoP was in no way not roleplaying, serious, or competent. Assigning people jobs is the job of the HoP, which he seemed to have done. There was no breach of the rules that the admin in question had to enforce. The HoP in question was upholding the standards expected.

Having a second chef is not a breach of the rules. The HoP is the ranking head of staff for service and is allowed to hire extra chefs. If that's a problem for you as the chef, it's an incredibly minor thing that can be resolved entirely ICly. 

I don't actually see any problem here, nor do I have any idea what you expected the admins to do. They aren't managers you go demanding actions of whenever you have a problem - this is a roleplaying game, and if you have problems in your department with hiring of other staff, you're expected to deal with it ICly. If you really want to talk to a manager, you can talk to the HoP's manager, the Captain, about your issues. You can talk to IAA or the NT Rep. But again - this is not the job of admins to deal with as no breach of the rules has occured.

I am certain that this action doesn't breach the rules because I wrote that rule myself, and it isn't meant to be applied to a HoP hiring two chefs. It's for a HoP who gets drunk at the bar instead of doing his job or assigning the clown to be the captain.

This complaint is still without merit. Please don't just spam the same thing in another complaint, because it won't change my mind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use