issue with trial admin not upholding rules

Nyarko

admin key: marginalblorb

my c key: NyarkoNyarlathotep

date/time: 22/06-1:10am

I was assigned with permission a helper in the kitchen who didn't listen when I tried to reach hop twice no reply I called sec nothing came of it

I made a complaint in "admin help" and was told its an ic issue, and to "man it up"

but the rules state:

"Choosing to play as a VIP (such as the Nanotrasen Representative), Head of Staff (such as Chief Medical Officer), or the station AI means you will be expected to play to a higher standard of roleplay, seriousness and competence. You may be Jobbaned from Command if you fail to meet these standards, or if you ignore your duties;"

so id like to make a complaint about the admin not enforcing the rule.

There are numerous reasons why the HoP or sec might not respond to something like this, such as:

Being AFK, dead, murdered, an antagonist busy murdering someone else, deafened, EMP'd headset, not seeing the message due to spam, busy with something else more important, actually replaced by a changeling...and these are just off the top of my head.

Someone not responding to you on comms twice is an IC issue - these things happen, and it's not the admins job to get people's attention for you. Asking again, or physically walking yourself to their office are IC ways of dealing with this thing. It isn't something that requires an admin bwoink to get their attention.

Higher standards of seriousness and competence is meant in respect to following SoP and not getting drunk and promoting Ian to captain. Missing a call on comms isn't a big deal, and isn't worth an ahelp at all. It's so incredibly minor that I'm shocked you bothered to ahelp at all instead of using one of the many, many, other options to get someone's attention, such as a PDA message, asking on comms again, or just walking up to the person and asking.

This complaint is without merit and incredibly petty.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use