Recovered Syndicate Log - A S.I.T. Story.

Processing Data Log Entry #31564-I
Data Loading....
ERROR.
FILE CORRUPTED. ATTEMPTING RECOVERY....
PARTIAL RECOVERY COMPLETED. DISPLAYING RESULTS

"So me and the other agents can't really agree on the plan, so we make a compromise. Two of us head on in, doing a full disguise. Infiltration. You know, it's in our fucking name. Fake some documents, get legit IDs, and so on, while those two idiots agree to hold back for a little while before going all guns blazing." The woman spoke as she started dressing fresh out of a cloning pod, an officer nearby recording all she spoke, as well as filling in details best left to be as clear as possible. She was the only remaining member of a successful, if...unorthodox team sent in to abduct a ranking officer from a Sol-Gov visit to the NSS Cyberiad. They could have left them well and done enough as is, those Sol-Gov assholes had so much dirt on the Cyberiad, NanoTrasen would have had quite a bit of a time defending the state of the station and the actions of the crew...but of course....The Syndicate always needs a little more.

"Anyway, me and this other guy, think his name wa...."
"No names, remember?"
"Right, right...Agent November and I decided to be the actual stealth team...I went in with little more than a hacked ID card, a storage implant, and an emergency weapon, in this case, an energy dagger, disguised as the pen I wrote the fake fax with."
"How is it you managed to complete your objective with only that, considering the rest of your team died?"
"Simple, I lied my face off and focused on the objective."

The woman finally tugged on some shoes and flopped onto a stool, the officer sliding a pack of smokes over and a lighter, syndicate brand of course, pulling one from the pack and lighting it up, spending a few quiet moments reflecting on the job.

"Anyway, November and I went in pretending to be a replacement Magistrate and his personal secretary...Fax must have worked because the captain met with us, gave us IDs, and we went on our way...The others...Eh...Agents Olivia and Shrike came in with at least a basic disguise, but also armed and ready with grenades and guns." A pause came as she flicked the lighter on and off a few times, "The idea originally was to have the Sol Goons meet with November and I and ambush them in a more secluded area, killing those we didn't need, and abducting the target....Right fucking good the plan did, little did Novemeber and I get our IDs, the other two dumb asses started the attack right in the damn hall." She'd pause to drag again, flicking the ashes into an ashtray and itching into her hair, "Fuck cloning always makes my hair feel off...Anyway..where was I?"

"Explaining what went wrong at that moment, when your team decided to stop being infiltrators."
"Right, fucking idiots...Good thing I payed attention to what they ordered for gear...threw knock out gas grenades all over."
"Let me guess, most of the Cyberiad's crew was on internals already because half of them are idiots, and the other half paranoid?"
"Yep, so it barely did anything....A brawl started in the hall nearby....and fearing our cover truly blown, I pulled out the dagger I brought and sliced a few of the crew, and the sol-goons a few times."
"They didn't fire on you, or even stop you?"
"Oh, they started, but again, I lied through my teeth, screamed I grabbed the dagger from one of them, and tossed it away, pulling a few other weapons out of the fray before I saw our target, down and bleeding out." The woman chuckled at that point, shaking her head as she pulled down the last of the cigarette she had been working on, shoving the butt into the tray and cracking her fingers. "I dragged him off yelling I was going to get him to their ship for emergency escape, the other marines seemed to buy it as I instead dragged them off through the maintenance tunnels to our ship. Memory starts to fade there, as I think there was a bit of mishap with my dusting implant, might have gotten a strange feedback from the sol-goon's radio or something...all I know is I'm sure we got him here and finished the mission. The hell happened to him?"
"Yeah, your dusting implant went off...but we got him. Some medical treatment and a good visit to one of our...other...doctors, and sent him on his way. He'll be a good asset in the future."

The woman finally stood and did a bit of stretching, the officer tapping away at his console to fill in more information and notes she didn't need to know of. A few more minutes of silence, and a PDA was slid along the table to her, details of her next mission, as well as verification of payment and cloning insurance and all. A smirk crossed her face as she pulled the pen...twirling it and shoving it behind her ear and tossed the PDA into a disposal as the screen flickered, cracked, and smoke poured from it, heading to the locker room to properly gear up and head out to cause a bit more chaos.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use