Addition to the Security Pod

Biolock

Hello! I’ll make this quick and simple. I was hoping the Security Pod could be given an on-board computer that allows them to modify records and set arrests. As it stands now, most of the time, the security pilot fills a more supporty role, which I think is perfectly good. It would be nice if the security pod pilot could set people for arrest if they see them doing stuff in maintenance or elsewhere so that when they call it in, security can have an easier time apprehending them. It’ll also give the pod pilot an additional task when stuff is happening internal the station and the pod pilot is not in a position to directly assist.

• Like 1

They do, though the ''police database" in his "car" seems like strongly movie thing that wouldn't hurt to have. and someone who steals the "car" could check the record.

Yeah, I think too that the question was whether you could have, what you see on the sec records console on the fly, at the vehicle. Side note, I’ve long thought of an on-the-go information device for sec (in general), so that you wouldn’t have to back up to the console if you just wanted to read things (not edit, for a balance reason I think of). Those are vehicle or designated (radio)man mounted by nowadays, yet field test examples of actually every-man’s C2I systems exist already, and those kinds are portrayed in scifi too (think about the wrist computer of the Fallout series). 

But well, that is out of the range of my code skill and time right now... Sorry for an off topic idea, on this one, a console in the pod sounds fair and easy to implement idea, and the support role argument is a good one. Maybe it would help the pilot to actually patrol at space more, as they could do act as support/dispatch when it is, as it often is, not much happening there? I’d think so.

HUD can only read/write things you see, so it does not answer this call. PDA sec cartridge is read only, and at the moment, you cannot view the essential thing that are the comments, with that.

Edited by Regular Joe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use